Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
First Buffalo Nickel...& some extras

Hey all,
Went back to the same HUNTED OUT park I found the Class Ring in yesterday.
Found my first buffalo nickel, a 1919,,, I think, the date is just barley visable...
Buffalo.JPG
Also found an 1896 IH in great shape, just below the grass, and two Wheaties, a 1913, and a 1916...
It started raining , so I left,,, but I will definitely be going back to cover more ground...
Hope you all have as good of luck as I've been having lately...
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? Leon

L

lookstwice

Re: First Buffalo Nickel...& some extras

way to go, leon...never say never...i really like those buffalo nickels---not really sure exactly; i think i associate them with my dad somehow...anyway keep looking

G

gunna_dan

Hey guys, i am new to this, the movie national treasure has kinda made this look cool, what kinda equipment would you reccomend for a person a tight budget, and just for beach and school hunting?

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d

Hello gunna_dan,
I have only been detecting myself now, for about four months, and have little knowledge of what would work on the beach. I myself started out with just a $29 Radio Shack unit. It would find stuff at a depth of 4" to 6 " depending on ground conditions... IF you want a low budget detector, I would suggest either going to Radio Shack, or something like a Walmart. You might also consider trying to find a better used model from one of the classified ads, here on this form, or maybe ebay...
I think it's a great hobby, and I myself am definitely hooked...
Good luck!!!, & Welcome to the Forum...

G

gunna_dan

hey leon, thanks for the advice, and i might get one for free with christmas coming up. = ) :)
Daniel

G

gunna_dan

There is this one i am looking at, a radio shack i think, called a discriminator, for about 80 bucks w/ shipping.
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread