First bullet?

lldein

Jul 1, 2010
Possible Japanese? Found on Maui near the ocean, my theory is the deadly tsunami in 46 picked up the bullets laying on the ocean floor and deposited them on land, there were more of these bullets at least 6 I saw but I only grabbed 1 not knowing what it was. The other option is Maui was sprayed by the planes because there was a military installation here when Pearl harbor was bombed.
046.jpg048.jpg049.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 1
Wow...killin me that I didn't bring my machine when we were there. Honolulu has all types of restrictions. If you know where they are washing up...thats really neat.

Nambu3.jpg

At left is an 8mm Nambu cartridge of Japanese World War II issue. At middle is
cast bullet from RCBS custom mould #08-110-RN. From linotype alloy, Duke’s
mould drops them weighing 106 grains. At right is loaded cartridge using newly
manufactured Starline brass.

I believe it to be a .45 Colt. The Marines practiced beach assaults along the southern Maui coast during the war, so your bullet could be a leftover from those exercises.

Japanese WWII aircraft typical for the PH raid mounted 7.7mm, 12.7mm machine guns and/or a 20mm cannon.

I believe it to be a .45 Colt. The Marines practiced beach assaults along the southern Maui coast during the war, so your bullet could be a leftover from those exercises.

Japanese WWII aircraft typical for the PH raid mounted 7.7mm, 12.7mm machine guns and/or a 20mm cannon.

Thanks for the info, you and Ninjafossils are right, I just found out from a very knowledgeable Hawaiian here on Maui that there was a military outpost upcountry which is on the Northern side of Maui not far from this site. Mahalo guys.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back