First Bx Skunked/ Not all is lost

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Well I got my first box of halves. Holy smokes! was that thing heavy. I rather carry around a 25 pound bag of dogfood than coins. For some reason I can sling those all day with no problem. But those boxes, you guys and gals must have pythons for muscles. but it wasn't a total loss. I got two really nice carrying bags from amazon. the one for my silver I absolutely love. Definitely might be getting a second one for my BOB. And yesterday at work I got a beauty of a nickel. It was so shiny I put it to teh side to look at it. It was a proof 1991-S. I was absolutely giddy with excitement. George washington was gorgeously frosted, the background was polished and the edge, like everyone tells me, was thicker than the normal nickel. Sorry no pics because I fried my digital camera 3 days ago.

Now I just need to call my freind at work and find out when I can dump my halves at the cashoffice. Hopefully before tuesday so I can order another box of halves.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

Upvote 0

bigscores

Aug 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I got my first box of halves. Holy smokes! was that thing heavy. I rather carry around a 25 pound bag of dogfood than coins. For some reason I can sling those all day with no problem. But those boxes, you guys and gals must have pythons for muscles. but it wasn't a total loss. I got two really nice carrying bags from amazon. the one for my silver I absolutely love. Definitely might be getting a second one for my BOB. And yesterday at work I got a beauty of a nickel. It was so shiny I put it to teh side to look at it. It was a proof 1991-S. I was absolutely giddy with excitement. George washington was gorgeously frosted, the background was polished and the edge, like everyone tells me, was thicker than the normal nickel. Sorry no pics because I fried my digital camera 3 days ago.

Now I just need to call my freind at work and find out when I can dump my halves at the cashoffice. Hopefully before tuesday so I can order another box of halves.

Hugs and Smiles,
Garoulady

picard-facepalm.jpg

Wickaboag

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2012
New England
Primary Interest:
Other
Garou, Jefferson is on the nickel ;) Sorry!
Sorry about the bad luck with the box. Next time!
Happy hunting,
Wicka

thripp

Jun 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to do more than one box of halves!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread