Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And its an 1835 Capped Bust Half Dime ! After almost 35 years of detecting, I finally picked up my first Capped Bust coin. I found my first Half Dime last November, but it was an 1855 O Seated Half Dime. This is my second Half Dime in a 5 month period. This coin came out of the same field as the 1 Reale did a few weeks back. I do mostly use my Minelab Equinox 800 but still like using the good old Fisher CZ 5 in the fields. The field was just planted today, so it looks like any return trips will be in the Fall after harvest season. Hope there are a few more old coins waiting for me.

Attachments

• IMG_5670.jpeg
    IMG_5670.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5672.jpeg
    IMG_5672.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5676.jpeg
    IMG_5676.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5677.jpeg
    IMG_5677.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Upvote 52

PlzBSeated

Mar 8, 2014
SW Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter, Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites MXT, Fisher CZ-21, Garrett AT Pro, Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And its an 1835 Capped Bust Half Dime ! After almost 35 years of detecting, I finally picked up my first Capped Bust coin. I found my first Half Dime last November, but it was an 1855 O Seated Half Dime. This is my second Half Dime in a 5 month period. This coin came out of the same field as the 1 Reale did a few weeks back. I do mostly use my Minelab Equinox 800 but still like using the good old Fisher CZ 5 in the fields. The field was just planted today, so it looks like any return trips will be in the Fall after harvest season. Hope there are a few more old coins waiting for me.
Huge Congrats!

PBS

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
big time gratz! such a great save

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Dulce!

Are you finding the coins out in the middle of the field, or near where a house or other building once stood? Just curious about your theory of how these nice coins were lost.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

OP
OP
Trezurehunter

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dulce!

Are you finding the coins out in the middle of the field, or near where a house or other building once stood? Just curious about your theory of how these nice coins were lost.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
The Capped Bust and 1829 1 Reale were found about 30 paces apart in a field where a house once stood in the 1850's. There are hardly any other hits and this field is amazingly quiet in regards to the number of targets found. It was just planted the other day, so I will have to wait until Fall after the harvest to get back out there. Thanks for your comments.

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!!! Congrats!!!!

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats of your caped bust :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread