TCosbyJr
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Jun 3, 2012
- Messages
- 95
- Reaction score
- 24
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Bedford, IN
- Detector(s) used
- Current: Tesoro Outlaw, BH Tracker IV, HF MD6008
Ex: White's Coinmaster Pro, BH Discovery 3300, Tesoro Cibola
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
I went out MDing with my dad at a local city park today, first time out of the backyard. I checked the local rules and ordinances and found nothing so we went.
As nickles and pull tabs are so close/same on my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV MD I dug anything in that level as I am looking for V and Buffalo nickels. I found 21 pull tabs, 4 bottle lids/caps, 1 bolt, various pieces of scrap metal, 13 pennies, 1 wheat penny (1937), 1 dime (2006 P), 1 nickel (1998 P).
I found out my BH TIV seems to go to a max depth of 3 to 4 inches, as my dad has a Garrett Ace 250 and was digging coins (many more wheat pennies than my one) down to 6 inches (and 8 inches on a couple).
So I'm hoping to get another MD soon that will allow me to find the deeper coins too. My family though is already interested in using my current MD to go detecting too when I get another.
So it looks like there will be a few others I can go with as well.
It was fun, and we had no problems (just several people watching interested in us MDing), so we plan to go check out another part of the park tomorrow.
My only complaint is my knees after the 5 hours trip to the park. They are still red and painful nearly 6 hours later. I am thinking of sewing my knee pads in a old pair of pants so I can use them (the velcro straps make the back of my legs hurt worse than not using them).
HH to you all.
As nickles and pull tabs are so close/same on my Bounty Hunter Tracker IV MD I dug anything in that level as I am looking for V and Buffalo nickels. I found 21 pull tabs, 4 bottle lids/caps, 1 bolt, various pieces of scrap metal, 13 pennies, 1 wheat penny (1937), 1 dime (2006 P), 1 nickel (1998 P).
I found out my BH TIV seems to go to a max depth of 3 to 4 inches, as my dad has a Garrett Ace 250 and was digging coins (many more wheat pennies than my one) down to 6 inches (and 8 inches on a couple).
So I'm hoping to get another MD soon that will allow me to find the deeper coins too. My family though is already interested in using my current MD to go detecting too when I get another.
So it looks like there will be a few others I can go with as well.It was fun, and we had no problems (just several people watching interested in us MDing), so we plan to go check out another part of the park tomorrow.

My only complaint is my knees after the 5 hours trip to the park. They are still red and painful nearly 6 hours later. I am thinking of sewing my knee pads in a old pair of pants so I can use them (the velcro straps make the back of my legs hurt worse than not using them).
HH to you all.
Upvote
0
It was before I got a pinpointer so I am going to go back because I couldn't find most of the targets but I was searching the ares in between the fields where spectators watch and did come out of there with .75 (pocke spill) and a few memorials. I can't wait to go back... Lots of kids there on a normal basis dropping change and whatever else they have. Good luck with whatever detector you decide on. I went with an X-terra for my first and it does very well. I've hit 8-10 inches with it. but I'm hoping to get a sand shark soon.
I seen your post and it is great to find indian heads, I found a wheatie so I'm getting closer. Do the big coils help get deeper results or do smaller coils? I can definitely see where multiple coils could help, just not sure how to pack them all in one go.
As I have limited funds, it would take me several months to get a MD paid off to get it - and getting late in the season I will wait and get it later and have it paid in time for next spring. Of course if I get the money to get one sooner I do that instead. 






