What's new

First Civil War button! Confederate Cavalry!!

gheenoe78

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2014
Messages
532
Reaction score
736
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey y'all, finally found my first Civil War button tonight near Charleston, SC. Ive found bullets and other military buttons but never a Civil War button. Heat was blistering this afternoon and I almost bagged the hunt due to the heat and gnats. On one of my last pings I found a small button. Didnt even clean it til I got home but saw it was a two piece and thought it might be a union eagle button. When I got home I brushed it lightly with a toothbrush and saw a script letter. 13mm. Albert's book helped me identify it as a Confederate cavalry button. I'm thrilled and plan to put it in a frame along with some of the bullets ive found and a reprint 1863 map of Charleston and its surrounding batteries. Thanks for looking!
IMG_20150621_205219.webp
IMG_20150621_204855.webp
IMG_20150621_205407631.webp
 
Upvote 50
Congratulations to another South Carolinian-great find
 
CONFEDRATE ALERT, CONFEDERATE ALERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE...
 
That is a dandy find you have unearthed . I wish I could get back down to the south part of our country again. I did well in Culpepper Va some time ago. Those button are quite rare.
 
Beautiful.

Congrats on a sweet find.
 
That is a great looking script C complete with the back and loop! Congratulations!

Steve
 
What a beauty!
 
Super nice Confederate button! Congrats
 
Congratulations
 
beautiful way to start finding civil war relics! Congratulations!
 
Great Job!!! I'm kinda ya neighbor I live in North Carolina.HH
 
CONGRATZ!!
On finding a Super nice Button .
Confederate Before U.S. (General Service) as your first CW button . That's Rare IMO
Davers

&
A Script C at that .
You must be on cloud 10.
 
Last edited:
Congratulations. Awesome find!!!
 
Fantastic find!!! I'm jealous!!! I would dig the hell out of that place. Congrats!
 
CONGRATZ!!
On finding a Super nice Button .
Confederate Before U.S. (General Service) as your first CW button . That's Rare IMO
Davers

&
A Script C at that .
You must be on cloud 10.

Agreed! Don't let that beauty spoil you now . . . hope to dig one someday!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom