First Coinstar in a while

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I was in my Kroger yesterday and haven’t had any luck lately but what the heck.
2018 1 cent Euro.
FEE6B6E8-61CD-4EF1-8190-BAC9B45344B0.jpeg A21F41F8-B996-419F-9FB7-41C8B693E283.jpeg
Thanks for looking

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than a zincoln, 1.18 times as good isn't much but I'd still take it!

A few days ago I walked by the coinstar and saw the distinctive luster of silver among rejected clad but a woman was loitering right next to the machine. Took a minute or so but she left and I quickly hoovered up the '64 dime and 80 cents in change. Been at least 6 months since finding any coinstar silver. Hopefully you pull some soon too!

Just noticed that you're in Mississippi, my dad was transferred to Greenville and has had decent luck with coinstars, he thinks stolen collections or stolen old change jars are a factor, unfortunately.

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Better than a zincoln, 1.18 times as good isn't much but I'd still take it!

A few days ago I walked by the coinstar and saw the distinctive luster of silver among rejected clad but a woman was loitering right next to the machine. Took a minute or so but she left and I quickly hoovered up the '64 dime and 80 cents in change. Been at least 6 months since finding any coinstar silver. Hopefully you pull some soon too!

Just noticed that you're in Mississippi, my dad was transferred to Greenville and has had decent luck with coinstars, he thinks stolen collections or stolen old change jars are a factor, unfortunately.

Yes, Greenville is down on the Mississippi river. Lots of through traffic. As far as Coinstar goes, the one I check is empty most all the time. This Euro was kinda tucked back in the corner. Pretty hard to see since it's smaller than a penny. Thanks for looking.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

TomW244

Sep 2, 2017
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pinpointer, Bounty Hunter Gold Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool. All I ever find in coinstars are modern clad or foreign coins. No silver for me yet. Your Eurocent is from Germany, if you didn't already know that.

Racso

Apr 26, 2017
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gladly take that over any zincoln too. I havent been having much luck with coinstar either, as far as silver goes. I have only found one Rosie in the last 4 weeks or so. Keep at it and I’m sure it will payoff eventually, good luck.

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Cool. All I ever find in coinstars are modern clad or foreign coins. No silver for me yet. Your Eurocent is from Germany, if you didn't already know that.

I didn't know that. Thanks. The only other luck at that machine was 2 zincolns a couple of weeks back. Keep looking. You'll get lucky.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One on the house at the old coin Bar . Ive found one silver dime then just clad I don't know how people don't hear or see all those rejected coins HHMMM

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Better than an empty tray, (which is what I usually see at the coin star) !

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We don't have Coinstars around here.

None at Kroger or Wal-Mart? Some stores kinda push them back in a corner sorta out of the way. Wal-Mart keeps them in the Lobby on one side of the store or the other.

OP
OP
Rookster

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Our local Grocery Store recently put in their own coin collection machine - works just like the Coinstar machines.

Do you happen to have a pic of the machine? With Coinstar, I always look for Green.

Mvgirl

Aug 6, 2018
Detector(s) used
Bounty hunter land ranger pro, garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ha! I just got this same coin in my coinstar... it was my first ever find! Mine was 2009. I don't go out of my way to check them but if I see one in the store is always peek.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread