Colorado
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex +
Teknetics T2
Teknetics Patriot
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always check the reject cup at the coinstar machine in my local grocery store every time I am in there. I always say the same thing to my wife... "be right back honey, I'm going fishing..." and she just rolls her eyes. Most the time it is empty but tonight it seemed filled with coins.

18 x pennies - one of them a 1944 D Wheat Cent

1 x nickel

1 x $1 peso coin

10 x dimes - one of them a 1968 ... old but not quite old enough

7 x quarters

1 x 1968 Canadian quarter ... some of these were minted with silver and some with nickel, I haven't tested it yet but the silver was only 50% if it turns out to be the silver variety.

So some battery money, nice wheat cent, and possible silver with the Canadian coin. Not too bad for a first score.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
t_r.gif
tn_coinstar.gif
t_l.gif

..: NICE RECOVERY TheDirtKing :..
Thanks for sharing!

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
38 in one shot, someone must have been in a hurry, and didn't care, and then you happened along, cool. Also DirtKing, I know the eye roll thing only to well, I swear I can even "Feel" them behind my back.

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats, someone was really not paying attention when they dumped everything in. You hit"Paydirt"!:icon_thumright:

MrBlueSkyNM

Apr 18, 2016
New Mexico
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Teknetics T2 Classic
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! That's a heck of a first score. It's a crazy feeling to find so many coins that nobody else noticed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread