First CWRs of 2012 yield yummy silver!

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped by some more local banks today, picking up about $190 worth of rolls and loose halves.

Two of the rolls were double-sized, and filled with ugly, green-painted halves - so weird that I couldn't edge check. But boy did those two rolls produce!

Out of 80 halves, I got 8 x 1964 and 22 x 1965-1969 (almost all were 1968 for some reason).

Plus, from the loose halves, four more 40%ers, and a 1961 Ben Franklin with edges so oddly shiny that I thought it was a spray-painted clad at first!

Total. 7.1 troy ounces for just a few minutes' effort.

I gotta go out there and get some more!

Upvote 0

Bigheed

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great way to start off the year! I am hopeful for own shipment tonight :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
kennedyfan

kennedyfan

Jul 22, 2011
Detector(s) used
Bank Tellers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
conpewter said:
nice haul! I wonder if those rolls were really old "jukebox coins" or something similar.

Probably not. Hard to tell; they aren't solid painting, more like they were just handled on the edges by somebody with dull green paint on their hands. (It's almost the same color you get from copper oxidization, so that's why I thought at first I had a bunch of clad coins that been wet for a while.)

They're ugly, but they're beautiful! 😂

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice job. I picked up $160 in CWR halves today and got skunked. Looked like someones dump. $25 in dimes didn't produce anything either. Back at it tomorrow!

HH
bblair

jarlbartar

Jan 3, 2012
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought $140 from my CU today and ripped through em - nothing
Drove around town to find different banks, bought $140 more - nothing

That was pretty lame, several of them were pretty marked up like they had been gone through many many times. Does anyone know if String or Brinks filter out the silvers. I know sometimes you can run into a cold streak, just curious as to what others have found.

namster

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2011
Sulphur, NV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jarlbartar said:
That was pretty lame, several of them were pretty marked up like they had been gone through many many times. Does anyone know if String or Brinks filter out the silvers. I know sometimes you can run into a cold streak, just curious as to what others have found.

If they do, they suck at it. In my area at least.

Dekay

Dec 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
Quantum XT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is some good fortune. Congrats, and may future hunts be as prosperous.

HH Dave

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread