First day detecting and I found a few things.

MisterHelix

Feb 23, 2024
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex Ultra
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
First day detecting.
I live on a farm alongside a colonial road in central Virginia. The rifle brass (30-30 and 22-250) was in the fields, while the shotgun shells and horseshoe were deep in the woods in a little hollow. The penny (2011) and bottle cap were in the yard.

I also found a hot pebble that had me digging in circles.

1C44D105-5B62-444A-BE2B-CBBC3E18EA40.jpeg

Oh also I fell in a big holes (a small cavern). Big enough to crawl inside if I were so inclined. No treasure in there though.
F3C00C77-207C-4A57-B464-6DECC6E46B6C.jpeg

04F7D0E7-AF3E-4A7A-8F08-990DB10235EA.jpeg

Last edited:
Upvote 34
First day detecting.
I live in a farm alongside a colonial road in central Virginia. The rifle brass was in the fields, while the shotgun shells and horseshoe were deep in the woods in a little hollow. The penny (2011) and bottle cap were in the yard.
View attachment 2133263
Welcome to TreasureNet. You are certainly in a good area to find some interesting items.

First day detecting.
I live on a farm alongside a colonial road in central Virginia. The rifle brass (30-30 and 22-250) was in the fields, while the shotgun shells and horseshoe were deep in the woods in a little hollow. The penny (2011) and bottle cap were in the yard.

View attachment 2133263

Oh also I fell in a big holes (a small cavern). Big enough to crawl inside if I were so inclined. No treasure in there though.
View attachment 2133264
View attachment 2133265
very nice! Is that a legend btw?

First day detecting.

View attachment 2133263

View attachment 2133264
View attachment 2133265
Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Welcome! It is a good sign that you are digging lots of brass items, bullets, shell casings, bottle caps etc. Lots of amazing finds will sound exactly the same, and give the same VDI. You have to dig the trash is you ever want to find the treasure! Keep going the way you are. Hunt good ground, and those finds are sure to be the first of many amazing finds and the beginning of some incredible adventures.

Welcome and thanks for the post. 👍
That open hole wasn’t a well was it?
How deep was it? Glad you didn’t find out the hard way.
Looking forward to seeing what else you recover. You are in a great state to dig as you know.
MM

Welcome and thanks for the post. 👍
That open hole wasn’t a well was it?
How deep was it? Glad you didn’t find out the hard way.
Looking forward to seeing what else you recover. You are in a great state to dig as you know.
MM
Nah, it’s just underground erosion from the creek washing out soil in between the big rocks down in the hollow.

Welcome to the addiction. Every recovery you make; every hole-will make you a better detectorist. Soon you’ll be posting more! We look forward to seeing it!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back