azdirtdigger

Feb 23, 2012
AZ Native. Now travel fulltime across this beautif
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Finally found something worthwhile in a Coinstar. I look every time I walk by one. I've found a few modern or foreign coins, just nothing worth finding. Coinstar today was kind of stuck in the corner, away form the beaten path. Walked over while wife was checking out. $1.27 in coins with a 1964 Jefferson dime and a 1943 steel penny.
Persistence finally paid off!

COINSTAR HAU.jpg

Hope I start having more luck MD'ing now:laughing7:

Last edited:

Tommybuckets

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2015
Bodymore, Metalland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal, Safari, Garrett infinium, Whites prizm 4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Jefferson dime sounds like one fancy penny lol. Its Roosevelt, or as they say a 'rosie'. Nice work though. Now you're hooked.

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice finds. I haven’t found anything that good in months. Last good find was a 1961 50 groschen coin and after that its all been newer money foreign or not. Still looking:find:.

Last edited:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm getting use to being disappointed.

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
Keep checking, rook. It'll happen! Check around the basket and through the holes under the basket as well. I friend found a 62 rosie on the shelf behind the handle for the basket just a few days ago. Having an unsharpened #2 pencil and some two way tape will net you goodies that fell through the holes in the basket. I got my first silver from coinstar that way. It was a small sterling box chain necklace. Another fella on here told me aboout this as he got a gold earring that way.
I haven't found anything since Halloween 2017 when I saw two quarters and a dime in the reject slot and one of the quarters was a 1940.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always peek at the coinstar reject bins. Lately the local Walmart coinstar tray has been empty. Found out why yesterday. I had noticed a young homeless couple camped out in front of the coinstar and yesterday walked past and overheard them discussing their finds in it and complaining about the foreign coins. They are there 24/7. Saw some of their clothes, shelter bits and personal items stashed among the Christmas trees that were for sale a few feet away.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Apr 5, 2020
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There seems to be "competition" everywhere...sort of like thrift store shoppers looking for finds...and thrift stores that know what is valuable and raising their prices...nighthawks detecting where they shouldn't...bank clerks collecting all the old coins...
I'm sort of rambling but you get the idea...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions