First Dig ever

jcbr6

Tenderfoot
Dec 26, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello,

I am new to the forum and to Detecting. I was given an ace 250 for xmas and took it out today for the first time. Here is what i found on my first dig in the back yard. IMG_2835.JPGIMG_2836.JPGIMG_2837.JPG. Im still learning the ace but i think it is a good start.

Upvote 9
Nice fired bullet! Looks like your back yard may have some age and goodies to be found. Congratualtions!

Looks like an excellent start! Welcome to T-Net!

Sweet find! :thumbsup:
My very first keeper was a crusty Memorial cent!
Those clad pennies just fall apart, in most soils, you'll see...!
Just go find old coins, they are still recognizable when you pull
them from the ground...!
Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Welcome to the forum. Cool find. I'm new here to from so. Maine wishing you the best in hunting .

Welcome all new members. I am sure a lot of people got their red ryder bb gun or metal detector under the tree. Have fun! Thanks for sharing!

any idea on how to date something like this?

Im not that far from Harpers Ferry, a lot of shots have been fired in this area.

Nice find. The Ace 250 is nice little machine you'll have many good finds with it just by listen and learn the tones.

The base remind me of the old Buffalo bullets for muzzle loading. If you want a positive I.D. Post it in the "What is it" section of T-net.

Hey new guy welcome to the club. You're going to enjoy that Garrett 250. I have the 350 and just started a few months ago myself in July.

You have a good machine to start learning on. All the other members are going to tell you it takes about 100 hours of actual swing time and dig time to really get a feel for the machine. Let me tell you, they're not joking.

I started out by learning one side of the machine at a time. And I'm still learning LOL. Good luck and have fun out there

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back