What's new

First dime box of 2009

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Did a box of dimes today, my first box of coins for 2009. My goal for 2009 is to average a silver dime each day, or a total of 365 by the end of the year.

This box yielded 2 canadians (1976 and 1986) and 3 silver Roosies, 1952D, 1963 and 1963D. Cool.
 
Upvote 0
DrDetector said:
mistergee said:
My plan is to exchange all my rolled Canandian coins at a bank up there, and then take the canadian bill money to another bank and get rolled canadian nickels and dimes. Do some Canadian crh'ing. Then just repeat the process a few times.
i always wondered if anyone ever tried CRHing in Canada....it would be interesting to see the finds from there :thumbsup:

I don't recall ever seeing a regular Canadian CRH'er posting on here. There was that one guy from Sweden for a while...or maybe it was Norway.

There have been a couple people from Canada who have posted, but no regulars...
 
I got a jump on my dimes today, couldn't wait for tomarrow since I still had $$$ after picking up my halves. Got two boxes- each gave up 2 silver Rosies, hope this is a trend LOL. HH Mark
 
Box number two for 2009 produced a 62D and a 64 Rosie and (2) 1999 Canadian dimes. So i'm up to 5. yippee.
 
I'm gonna have to get more tomarrow and see ifn I can inch ahead again haha. What we need is one of them dream boxes that have been showing up lately. HH Mark
 
Silver Stripe said:
I'm gonna have to get more tomarrow and see ifn I can inch ahead again haha. What we need is one of them dream boxes that have been showing up lately. HH Mark

I know what you mean. I double checked and my record box had 13, not 12. Still...there's been a few different dime dream boxes lately. It's all probability so the more I do I'm sure I'll eventually get one.
 
i like the canadian dimes, don't see many of them here in alabama though
 
DrDetector said:
AMC rulz said:
DrDetector said:
Silver Stripe said:
crazyjarhead said:
What is a box of coins, whatever denomination?? How many rolls?
A box of coins whatever denomination contains 50 rolls, so a box of pennies is $25, box of nickels $100, dimes $250- you get the idea. HH Mark

And for the good Dr. I wish I had brung home some dimes for today, hate to start the year coinless haha. And a "lofty" goal is the way to go, an easy goal is a waste. Your off to a good start with 3. HH Mark

Thanks Mark. The best box of dimes I ever did had 12 silver Roosies in it so I'm hoping I'll stumble on a few with 10+ over the course of the year. My boxes here still average about 2.4 silver/box so the 3 out of today's box was right on target. 12/31's box only had a 1968 silver canadian dime which was below average, but I'll take it.
Dr, do you keep all the '68s? I've only found 2 silver ones out of about 50 '68 slugs...I keep from '68 and older.

No, I only keep the silver '68s. The non-silver '68s seem to be pretty plentiful still. As a matter of fact I think this one was the first silver '68 I'd found.

I'm saving up all my canadian coinage and I'll be driving up to Canada this summer at some point. My plan is to exchange all my rolled Canandian coins at a bank up there, and then take the canadian bill money to another bank and get rolled canadian nickels and dimes. Do some Canadian crh'ing. Then just repeat the process a few times.
When you make the trip to Canada this summer, make sure you take Miss halfdime's little stash of Canadians with you; she's collected a small jar that she's found diving (also known as laying on the floor in stores, looking for money) and in coin counting machines. I'm sure she'd be willing to give you a fair exchange rate! ;D 365 seems to be a worthy goal; I've heard that bank employees know how to get, and dump, large quantities of coins. Maybe you know such a person?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom