First Dream box of Dimes

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
I realize everyone interpretation of a dream box is different, but I finally got what I think is a dream box of dimes. I have done about 30-35 boxes a week for the past 2 months and average 1-2 per box, which seems about average based on all the posts about dimes. I knew it was going to be a good box when I had 3 Merc enders. Ended up with a total of 16 Rosies and 8 Mercs. 24 total in one box was 14 more than my previous best.

My goal is 1 full roll a week, and have hit this the past 6 weeks.

Upvote 0
Mental,
Dream or not, that is an AWESOME box of dimes! :notworthy:
My best box of dimes only gave up three. Great job!
Steve

Awesome dime score!!!

nice box of dimes. I never search boxes anymore, have way better luck with bags and customer rolls. I'd usually find 1 per box, it just got old.

:o Congrats!!! Someday I hope to get a score like that.

30 boxes a week, dayum, that's crazy!

Wow doing 30 to 35 boxes a week. How many banks do you pick up dimes at. Plus do yu have diferent banks that you dump at. Plus do you just edge check for silver.....Matt

I pick up 16 boxes on Wednesday and another 16 on Saturday. I order from 6 different banks - pick up from 3 Wednesday and the other 3 Saturday. I only do rim search as I already have full set and do not think there are enough errors or low mintage dimes to warrant the time looking at every dime. I will occasionally look at the shiny rims to see if it is a 2009 as these were somewhat low but do not have much, if any, premium.

The dump process is very easy with dimes as the counters very rarely jam up - with halves, the dumping process was awful. Dimes are dumped in half the time.

That is a great score if you look at how little is being found for the most part!!!! That would be a Dream Box for me too! (even though 100 silvers has been the majic number for a Dream Box on this board) :headbang: :headbang:

Like I said in another post - a dream box is whatever the person thinks it is. With 1-2 being average for a box a dimes, 24 was indeed a dream box for me. If I had a box with over 100 in it, I would probably fall out of my chair and bang my head on the corner of the table.

This is why I do so many boxes. For the past 6 weeks, I have filled a full roll of 50 every week and with 1-2 per box - it takes this amount to get those results. I enjoy the quantity as I know sooner or later I will hit one of those types of boxes. The halves went totally dry in my area just after Christmas, so I had to try a new approach. With. As of today a full roll is worth $141.93 - I am happy with getting one roll a week.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back