What's new

First ever search

phillips24

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2008
Messages
52
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
I've been reading on this forum for a while now and I just registered. Well I went headlong in my first searches today. $200 in halves and nothing. Picked up a few rolls of pennies at work and out of 2 rolls one 1982, not sure if it is a copper yet have to weigh those out. Right now at this time I'm working on checking all the banks in the area and go through all they currently have before I start ordering. Any other suggestions?
 
Upvote 0
Staying at it without going hard enough to burn you out if you aren't finding anything is the best advice I can think of.

Good luck!

~Dave
 
Started out in one of the small towns I go through all the time. My job allows me to travel to small towns in my area. Bought out one small bank off the beaten path of their halves....lots of marked clads....The other bank on town stopped in and talked to the tellers there and they said they have like $500 or more in $100 bags but that it was from one guy who came in 6 months or so ago and brought them all in. Passed up on that lot, figured it must be a dump. I might out of good faith go get them later for the clads for my whitman holders then leave my contact info if they get more in.
 
The fact it is $500 and the fact it was from ONE guy are both bad signs. The 6 months ago thing though isn't...

The $500 would hint that the guy who dumped them orders boxes, and if someone orders boxes they normally dump at the same bank within a 6 month time frame... weekly or even multiple times a week.

He could have dumped at a bank further away from him though 6 months ago or some other scenario...

Most of us here have a "buy every half you see" rule, just because you never know what could be in there. If you DO buy them all and they all turn up CLAD, then you know if another $500 comes into the same bank that it is a dump (this works more with bank that get the $500 more than every 6 months ;0 ).

~Dave
 
Thats what I was thinking. I still might go there later and take those so that if they get some handrolls they'll think of me because I took the large dump off their hands.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom