SE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro’s: Bandido II µMax, Mojave
Nokta Makro: Legend
XP: Deus 2
Minelab: Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Recieved my first Tesoro, a Vaquero about a week ago and finally got a chance to take it out and give it a try. Actually, this is the first time I’ve ever really tried MD’ing with my own machine. My house was built around 1904 so I figured there would be some interesting items buried on my 3 acres. My buddy who also got his first machine (Vaquero) decided we would try my back yard and try to figure out how to work the machines. After spending a lot of time trying to figure out how to ground balance these things, we got around to hunting an area of about 30’x30’. Apparently my GG Grandfather enjoyed shooting since we found multiple .22 short brass casings at about 3-4 inches. We also found an old bottle cap at about the same depth and two very large items each right around a foot deep. Actually, when I passed the coils over the two large items it gave me a quick double beep each time I went over them. I almost didn’t dig them and after I started digging and got to almost a foot, I almost stopped As I started to think maybe something wasn’t actually there.
Learned quite a bit today….first is that I need a pin pointer asap. Second, wear gloves because I managed to cut my thumb with my Hori knife while digging. Third, apparently on my property I need an actual shovel. I have no idea what the two large items are but it was neat to find them. Still a lot of ground yet to cover. Ill try to attach pictures of the items. One was almost 31 inches and the other was about 24 inches.
07957B4C-F792-43E4-AE7B-78A4722D40B2.jpeg

FAT SEXY

Sep 30, 2020
Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep at it.. Master that Vaquero and it will reward you I'm sure. You'll probably nail a silver coin or two in a property that old.

Pretty cool that you and your buddy got the same machines! Tesoro's legacy continues to live on with new detectorists.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread