What's new

First experience after a year break

fikys

Full Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2006
Messages
131
Reaction score
24
Golden Thread
0
Location
IL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
About a year ago I stopped doing active CRH because all banks in my area started charging a fee for ordering halves. Some - $5 for a box, other up to 10% of a total order. So, I quit.

Last week I came to one of the banks I never had an account and asked them for halves...They said they have a box. I had only $400 with me, so I purchased 40 rolls. Found one Ben and 11 40%. I asked them if I can order some boxes...Do you have an account? No, but I will open one... We will have to charge you $5 per box, but if you open a free account we will give you $50. I opened an account and decided to use these $50 to order boxes (still free!). Picked up 3 first boxes today and found 0 silver coins in them...I still have money to do 7 more boxes...Do not expect much...but for a short time it is like it used to be...Ordered 4 boxes for next week.

To be little bit more positive: yesterday I looked through my old findings and found 1955 Ben half dollar. Newer knew that I had one...:))
 
Upvote 0
Well Welcome back. If the boxes produce like the first one, it may be worth the five dollar fee. Good luck on the next 4.

Golden Silver
 
Seems everybody got a '55 but ME. You know once you start paying a fee, they got ya for good. LOL.
HH Mark
 
Welcome back. Did you get the rest of the box that they had on hand?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom