First finds in a while

lightman

May 23, 2010
england, ar
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well guys, I have not been on much or able to hunt much lately. Early in the spring I was diagnosed with MS and had to retire from a job that I had for nearly 35 years. Retirement is great and I'm doing ok. I finally got a chance to hunt and my oldest son and both of my Grandchildren were able to go. I was please to find a couple of points, a broken base and the Grand Daughter found her first point. I'll make another post on the broken base.

Here are the 2 that I found:

And here is the Grand Daughter's first one:

The first point that I found was only showing the tip and I thought it was a chip, so no pic. When I found the second one I showed the Grand Daughter and She snatched it up and went running across the furrows to show her Dad and ran completely out of her boots. How funny! The broken blade was found in another field and has an interesting story that I will make another post about. All in all, we were happy and tired when we got home.

Upvote 0
Very cool!

Congrats on that beautiful family ! Way to go Grandpa on getting those kids started !

She found the best one of the day. Sorry to her of your illness as we age all kinds of stuff comes around me included. Nice finds

Awesome day, its always great to get the young ones interested and see the excitement of the first find!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. You and your family found some very good artifacts. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the replys everyone. Hunting has been tough around here lately. It was really wet during last years harvest so not very many were able to work up their fields. So winter hunting was tough. Then we had a very wet spring, and when it finally did dry out everything got worked up and planted all at the same time. So my spring hunts were restricted to just a few weeks. I was pleased to have a little nice weather for that hunt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back