First finds

E

EarthWalker

Well this is from the two days I was able to do this week. Actually I technically could (and want to) spend alot of time MDing (since I work from home) but I try to limit myself to 2-3 hours a day and since its been very rainy this week (IL) I haven't been out much since I got my Eagle Spectrum (yeah I know its old, but I'm assuming the stuff in the ground doesn't change). So I found alot of nails, shotgun casings and beer cans. But the highlights were:
* 2002 Quater (Whoopee)
* 1930-40 Colorado Retail Tax Token (2 bit)
* 1917 wheatie
* and on the surface my wife found a lost CZ diamond earing (2 carat with about 1/4 carat satellite) its not a real one unfortunatley (did the "dot" test). All this was in our backyard, see, our house we are renting is an old gas station from the 1940's that was converted into a home. I was hoping I could find more stuff, but there is SSOOOOO much metal in the yard (7-9 inches deep) it make it hard to detect, not to mention all the 4 inch diameter rusted washers I have found as well.

Hope to get out more tomorrow, but deadlines are looming fast.

Attachments

• 1stfinds.jpg
    1stfinds.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 304
Upvote 0

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good you got out, tokens are nice to find! HH, Mike

Kiros32

Bronze Member
Feb 21, 2006
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photos as well! How did you get them to come out so clear?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Ya gotta start somewhere....my first finds were nails and wire! Keep up the good work!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what a great way to start. nice finds and pics best of luck

tinpan

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice start....you are well on you way!

OP
OP
E

EarthWalker

Wow what a vote of confidence! Its raining again today, so I wasn't able to go out (only Mtn Biking).
I actually thought the token was just junk, I was surprised to see them for sale on Ebay ???

Thanks for the photo compliments, but thats the work of my scanner that did that.

The DOT test is putting a small dot on paper, if its a faux diamond (Quartz/Cubic Zirconium/Glass), then you will see a pearl string of dots in the facets. With a real diamond, its totaly distorted, I've attached a sample.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to post more, I hope to find even a 10th of waht I see on here!

Attachments

• DSCN8068.JPG
    DSCN8068.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 188

Tabfry

Mar 29, 2006
Seattle area
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I know what you mean about having a yard full of metal junk. I learned that the previous property owner had old cars sitting on the lot that we've built our house. I also think that they may have had a nail bending company. I have found dozens of bent, rusty nails. It looks like someone took boxes full and scattered them around the property! I can't take 2 or 3 steps without picking up an iron signal.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
EARTHWALKER, Welcome To The Forum, Congrats On Your First Finds, May There Be Many More. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 178
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 116.gif
    55.2 KB · Views: 176

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread