What's new

First Flying Eagle Cent and a couple unknown relics

vabuckhunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 14, 2011
Messages
266
Reaction score
330
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Virginia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Does anyone know what the other 2 objects are? The round one appears to be a button but it has a cast line on the back and is very heavy like pewter maybe. the other has a nice wreath around the top.
 

Attachments

  • 1.webp
    1.webp
    53.9 KB · Views: 231
  • 2.webp
    2.webp
    38.1 KB · Views: 185
Upvote 32
Wow I found a flying eagle a few months ago and was told mine was in good shape. Yours is amazing! Good hunt
 
Just to put it in perspective, i find 10 large cents to every Flying Eagle!!!
 
I have never found a legible large cent so i guess I am doing pretty good.
 
That looks like a very nice Eagle Cent!! Great save!
 
Great looking Eagle Cent ! I would be ready to dig till dark after finding that !!!

Sent from my XT830C using Tapatalk
 
A very nice Flying Eagle cent! I have found several over the years. My first was the best. I was new and didn't realize just how nice a coin I had! The rest of them were pretty corroded. I basically just cleaned off that first one and I am glad I did! The patina makes this coin a showboat in my collection.

I would do very little to it.

Congrats!
 
That is a great looking FE! Very hard to come by! I'd brush it off with a toothbrush and call it a day. Congrats on the super find!
 
Congrats on the FE! It is very nice, as everyone has said. Very well done.
 
Great find on that flying cent. Congratulations
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom