Diggler

Greenie
Nov 29, 2015
Southern New England
Detector(s) used
DEUS ll, V3I, Equinox 600, Pro PI Diver, CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it was an unusually warm day in southern New England I blew off work to try out the Deus ll. I got real lucky! These two seated liberty's came out of the same hole. I'm not saying the Deus ll is the world's greatest machine here because these coins could have been found with an Ace 250. Finding these two coins with the Deus was just icing on the cake.
The lower item is made of lead. Can anyone confirm this is a button and what year it may be?

Attachments

• 20220223_180528.jpg
    20220223_180528.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 111
Upvote 21

miserman

Oct 25, 2007
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75LTD F-pulse and Tek-Point pinpointers Sunray Pro gold headphones
Two Seated Dimes in the same hole is a rare find. The lead piece is a dress hem weight. They were sewn into the women's dresses to keep them from blowing up in the wind. Nice finds.

OP
OP
D

Diggler

Greenie
Nov 29, 2015
Southern New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the info about the hem weights guys!
Another odd detail about the two seated's is there were two extremely corroded wheaties in the same hole. One was dated 191?, the other was too wasted to get a date. The weight was found some distance away.

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want a Seated so bad, I'd even take the one on the right. Congrats x 2.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You did good
Congratulations on your nice recoveries

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since it was an unusually warm day in southern New England I blew off work to try out the Deus ll. I got real lucky! These two seated liberty's came out of the same hole. I'm not saying the Deus ll is the world's greatest machine here because these coins could have been found with an Ace 250. Finding these two coins with the Deus was just icing on the cake.
The lower item is made of lead. Can anyone confirm this is a button and what year it may be?
Sweet!!! Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

Hunk-a-lead

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2020
Kansas City
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Predator Phoenix Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
no way, this is absolute proof that the Deus II is the best machine ever built! you should expect double seated silver on every outing from now on......................well maybe

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Awesome finds Diggler- Congrats!! Only had the good fortune to finds 2 Seateds in one hole a single time. BTW, Southern New England- are you located in my general area?

OP
OP
D

Diggler

Greenie
Nov 29, 2015
Southern New England
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds Diggler- Congrats!! Only had the good fortune to finds 2 Seateds in one hole a single time. BTW, Southern New England- are you located in my general area?
Hey Jeff.....I'm from the Hartford Ct area

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread