First go with Garrett 24k and Whites 6"

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Been hanging out for this combo. Garrett 24k came first, a week later the 6" coil cover. Ordered from Serious Detecting USA a 6" concentric coil. Was 2 left. Now none. Heard they were hard to get. Came 2 weeks earlier than was told and express post from them so very happy with their service. Price was good too.
Picked it up this morning after I came back from my Dr in another town. Had lunch and out.
It works so much better than I expected here in Oz. Ok, I went to a quiet area but I ran it flat out 10 sens and on Boost audio 2. It purred! Zero knock sensitivity! My Garrett 24k DD has a bit of knock in zero to negative ground but ok in the hot stuff. Fair enough this Concentric I have to wind it down sensitivity to 5 in the hot to get no false overload. But I am really impressed with it!
I got a great signal from a bit of quartz. Could not see anything at the time in it. Kept going for 3 hrs. I got signals here and there but they diminished after 2 to 3 passes over. I checked them later.
The Quartz bit stayed solid signal. Back at the car I checked, hit it with the hammer and was happy to see a tiny bit of gold.
Very very happy with its performance. Many tiny shotgun pellets after one pass dinimshed to ok one way, half a#$ the other. This tiny bit stayed solid after multiple passes.
Tiny, yep, very happy with how this combo works!
IMG_20220919_161414_900~2.jpg

IMG_20220919_161219_347~3.jpg

Mosquitoes drove me away, was crazy. But very pleased.

Upvote 12

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great to see you getting out with a new toy.
Congrats on the bit of gold.
Hope all is well now.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Been hanging out for this combo. Garrett 24k came first, a week later the 6" coil cover. Ordered from Serious Detecting USA a 6" concentric coil. Was 2 left. Now none. Heard they were hard to get. Came 2 weeks earlier than was told and express post from them so very happy with their service. Price was good too.
Picked it up this morning after I came back from my Dr in another town. Had lunch and out.
It works so much better than I expected here in Oz. Ok, I went to a quiet area but I ran it flat out 10 sens and on Boost audio 2. It purred! Zero knock sensitivity! My Garrett 24k DD has a bit of knock in zero to negative ground but ok in the hot stuff. Fair enough this Concentric I have to wind it down sensitivity to 5 in the hot to get no false overload. But I am really impressed with it!
I got a great signal from a bit of quartz. Could not see anything at the time in it. Kept going for 3 hrs. I got signals here and there but they diminished after 2 to 3 passes over. I checked them later.
The Quartz bit stayed solid signal. Back at the car I checked, hit it with the hammer and was happy to see a tiny bit of gold.
Very very happy with its performance. Many tiny shotgun pellets after one pass dinimshed to ok one way, half a#$ the other. This tiny bit stayed solid after multiple passes.
View attachment 2047100
View attachment 2047101
Chilli..Outstanding
Congratulations on your beautiful gold recovery with the new coil.
I’m confident it’s the first with many many more to follow

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Chilli..Outstanding
Congratulations on your beautiful gold recovery with the new coil.
I’m confident it’s the first with many many more to follow
Thanks mate. Me and the misses are going out tomorrow to give it a go in place we think we can get to regardless of all the rain. Either way will be a good day 👍

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 2047100
View attachment 2047101
Sweet Yellow Nectar!!! Congrats!!!!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks mate. Me and the misses are going out tomorrow to give it a go in place we think we can get to regardless of all the rain. Either way will be a good day 👍
Thanks mate
I’m sending you a long distance message Wishing You good weather and finding some more gold nuggets

OP
OP
Chilli

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
Another go with the Garrett and the 6" coil.
An old reef area I had hit hard over the yrs with detectors from Whites GM2, GM3, GM4B, the Xterra 705 and GPX4500 and 5000.
Not to mention others who have been there. I got over the years 100's of bits and specimens. Lovely place even just visually.
Got to run it in Boost audio 2, B2, and 10 sensitivity. It is a quiet reef area but with some mineralised sandstone type stuff that can give positive signals.
It purred! Those mineralised spots with that noisy sandstone quickly diminished after 2 sweeps. The only positive signals that stayed were either shotgun pellets the odd bit of metal and gold. It wiped out minerals to just a slight boing one way and nothing the other way. I was digging bird shot and bbs to easy 3 to 4 inches. Never done that with a VLF here before.
Got 3 bits of gold. 1 tiny bit on its own and 2 species. They probably have just .1 to .2 gram in them but there was no mistaking them signal wise. Even in tracking! Hoping to go back in a few days time for another go.
Very, very stable little coil. Tried down hill in some bad ground with ironstone and it did ping and boing on it, turned down to 4 sens to shut it up. But in quiet ground its really good.
This is where I was.
IMG_20220920_132353_033~3.jpg

This tiny bit gave a good signal.
IMG_20220920_195619_350~2.jpg

Not a great picture, we got home late but this did too.
IMG_20220920_195831_070~2.jpg

The other you can't see the gold but it's in there.
IMG_20220920_195913_202.jpg

@billb
On the way we passed a swamp area. These are River Redgums. They are very water tolerant. This swamp area only goes under water every year or two. But is a haven for wildlife.
Bells Swamp.
IMG_20220920_163408_881~2.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread