What's new

First gold...Ever!

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 18, 2011
Messages
1,570
Reaction score
1,055
Golden Thread
0
Location
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Everybody!
I was at a local park and had just dug a dime with the Omega (it loves dimes). After I flipped the flap back in, I was just about to re-scan & caught a glimpse of yellow under the grass. I thought it was just gold colored foil at first until I pulled it out of the grass realized it was a gold bracelet! I knew it was the real deal. There was a couple kids who watched me pull it out, they started to get excited & I quickly dismissed the bracelet as junk. There were some thug looking guys hanging out, there & I would rather they not know I had just found a gold bracelet. This was my first gold item found, as I tend to spend many hours hunting long gone home sites from the early 1900's & only once in awhile hit the parks or schools. The bracelet is 14 KT & 7.6 grams. This year I am hoping to hit more parks, schools, etc.. in search of jewelry & clad & less time hitting the old dusty home sites. Hopefully this is the beginning of more to come soon.
 

Attachments

  • gold bracelet morgan st.webp
    gold bracelet morgan st.webp
    60.8 KB · Views: 200
Upvote 28
Awesome for you! Congrats!!!
 
Very Nice Yellow!! :thumbsup:

This year I am hoping to hit more parks, schools, etc.. in search of jewelry & clad & less time hitting the old dusty home sites. Hopefully this is the beginning of more to come soon.

You said the same as me when I went from dirt to water...All it took was a friend showing me his gold at the beach then me finding one in the water...
 
Congrats! You've no doubt caught the gold bug with this find. It's a tough illness to get rid of- only way to deal with it is to find more gold!
 
:laughing7:If you weren't hooked you are now! Nice find:occasion14:
 
Congratulations on the first gold find and a very nice one at that... :occasion14:
 
Sweet golden loot, congratulations. Having a shiny Lesche tool gripped in your free hand like a Spartan's sword is a deterrent for nosy thugs. Especially in Riverside. Sub 8-)
 
Sweet golden loot, congratulations. Having a shiny Lesche tool gripped in your free hand like a Spartan's sword is a deterrent for nosy thugs. Especially in Riverside. Sub 8-)

Thanks! Yep, I got the Lesche at the ready at all times, lol! You sound like you speak from experience regarding Riverside, lol.
 
Am I the old one who packs a pistol even when metal detecting??
 
Great first there atomicscott !! :occasion14:
Still seeking my first gold bracelet here :metaldetector:
 
The first gold find is always the best, you will recall every detail of the experience for your entire life. :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Congrats on your first gold. When I was going to parks, I'd try to get there very early in the mornings when it was likely I'd not have much company. At least the punks wouldn't be there anyway.
 
Am I the old one who packs a pistol even when metal detecting??

Carrying a concealed weapon is a big no-no in Cali. Won't take that chance in a public park!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom