What's new

First Gold from Florida Vacation

PA John

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2008
Messages
311
Reaction score
72
Golden Thread
0
Location
York, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xcalibur 2, Teknetics T2 (Coils: Stock, CORS 4x6,, 4” “biscuit”, Whites Dual Field Surf PI, Garrett AT Pro (Stock & 5x8 Coils), ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Wish I could say I scoped out a spot, saw that the tide was right, and it was right where it was supposed to be but. . . here is the true story:

Went to Fort Lauderdale Florida for a week at the beginning of August. Every morning I would go for a walk with my wife, the tide wasn't right for hunting in the morning. We past a guy on the beach swinging his detector like a pendulum. I see this all the time, even on videos people have posted, drives me nuts. I didn't say anything until the second day I saw him, couldn't help myself. He got the detector as a Father's Day present, wasn't finding too much. He appreciated the advice and off he went. I saw him later on the beach with the families. I had my Dual Field machine with me. We talked a little more, and I told him to meet me the next morning at 7. I had an Garrett XL 500 Pulse he could use and hunt the water. I got there and he was already hunting with his machine but strapped it to his back and was ready to get to it. First thing I did was show him how to use it, then he was on his way. I powered up my Dual Field and started to walk towards the water, I started swinging right away and sure enough the first signal I had in the dry sand was it! I called over my new friend and he probably thought I planted it! I think he could tell by my face that I was pretty happy about the ring and that I said three times at least that it was the first gold I have found there. His only reply was that "I know I hunted this very spot yesterday!"

I'll take gold no matter how I find it!
 

Attachments

  • First Gold Ring.webp
    First Gold Ring.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 624
Upvote 0
congrats!! :icon_thumright:
so thats the only one you got, and it was a shallow dry sand find? just curious because i have been living here a month and i dont have any gold yet.
 
Good story and a great gold ring find.
Gold Nuggets :hello:
 
congrats on the gold John,good to see there's people out there that will still take the time and help the newbie out and a lone of a machine to boot...... :icon_sunny:
 
Great that you shared your machine and skill! Gold was a nice bonus.
 
Good find and even better that you helped out a newbie. Sometimes karma works quick. :icon_thumleft:
 
Congrats, and i agree, karma !
 
Nice story, Pa John..and that is a very pretty ring find! :hello2:

I love the style of it :headbang:

Lorraine
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom