πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION First gold ring and 6th IH (update with Return)

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, ACE250, Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
back to the church

IMAG0453.jpg First, let me say that i found the owner of that 1951 class ring i found yesterday. I went to the library and looked up his yearbook and found him. He was a lawyer in this town for his whole career and is now retired but he lost that ring the same summer that he got it so it has been sitting in that church yard since 1951. He is roughly 81 years old. I called him up and we met in the same church yard that he lost it in. He was tickled to death to get it back. That was going to be my start to an ATPRO but i guess i'll keep digging.:metaldetector: So here are some of todays finds and if anyone could tell me what that thing with the "A" on it is, i would be greatful:dontknow: The littler building is the one they disassembled in 1907 and moved it to where it is now so they could build the bigger one in 1908. That is what i look at every day i open my front door and go outside...lol

Attachments

• IMAG0442.jpg
    IMAG0442.jpg
    816.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMAG0445.jpg
    IMAG0445.jpg
    719.6 KB · Views: 164
  • IMAG0446.jpg
    IMAG0446.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0443.jpg
    IMAG0443.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 155
  • IMAG0447.jpg
    IMAG0447.jpg
    911.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMAG0448.jpg
    IMAG0448.jpg
    985.9 KB · Views: 153
  • IMAG0452.jpg
    IMAG0452.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 148
  • IMAG0454.jpg
    IMAG0454.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 142
  • IMAG0456.jpg
    IMAG0456.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 133
  • IMAG0457.jpg
    IMAG0457.jpg
    962.6 KB · Views: 146
OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
He did want it back and i posted the story in my ... back to the church... thread. Thank you, everyone.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the return, it should bring you more good luck in the future. That cuff link is way cool, along with that cool fork.

I'd hit that lawyer up for some yard hunts, he should be able to get you some good old yards to do!

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and thanks for those pics

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
congrats on the return, always worth it. you are digging some nice finds

sponge

Bronze Member
Nov 15, 2012
Florida
From 1951 ? Even in your eighties you get pleasant surprises. Sweet return. Watchout you dont get hit in the head with an AT pro that the heavens send you.

sponge using smoke signals.

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What luck you have! I have done several churches and have not found anything cool, just some clad and can slaw.:BangHead:

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with everyone else, karma will reward you just be patient. As mentioned you mite see if the guy could score you a yard or two, even his own maybe. He would be one of those people that made more than he spent so maybe the excess was lost in his yard?!?!?! I still can't wait to find my first class ring, I made a decision when I first started; to do the exact thing you just did. Makes you feel good!

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you, everyone. It is funny that you mention about getting a yard or two because his last words to me, as he was shaking my hand was, " if you ever need a favor, i would like to help." I just kind of stood there and said thank you but know i am thinking....hehe. The local library wanted to do a article in there newsletter (thats how small this town is) but i just didnt feel comfortable asking him for a photo session. Thank you again for all your kind words. GL and HH to the lot of you.:occasion14:

BDinutah

Feb 15, 2014
Dixie Desert
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 705; Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great find & excellent story, you did good buy finding the owner of that ring and returning it to him. Thanks for sharing!

Ronson

Jul 17, 2014
Dallas, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, that was a great return. I would be blown away to receive something I'd lost, decades earlier. Well done, compadre.

CoinandRelicMan

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2011
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Safari, Cortes, Musketeer, Makro Pin-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sweet ring find that flying witch is kinda unique ! Bet it was a adrenalin pump up seeing that beautiful gold in the dirt !!!

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was amazing! I just kept repeating to myself...omg, omg, omg. :laughing7: Through it all, i knew i had to at least make an effort to find the gentleman that it belonged to. Especially since his name was engraved on the inside and it was a home town ring.

OP
OP
rodarian

rodarian

Jul 20, 2014
upstate New York
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
update from gold class ring i found last august

So, I found a gold class ring last august that was lost in the church yard in 1950. I posted the thread the day i found it and how i looked the guy up and returned it to him. Well, my neighbor attends this church. Two weeks ago i was outside messing with my wood pile and she called me over to the fence, said she had something funny to tell me. I had no idea what she was wanting to tell me so I strolled over to the fence and asked her what was up. She then proceeded to tell me that the church service that she just got back from was all about me and the finding, locating and returning of the gentleman's class ring. I had told the Father, back in august, how I had a choppy signal and almost walked by it but decided to dig anyway, how it ended up being a gold class ring from 1951, going to the library and looking through the 1951 yearbook and finding the gentleman then calling him to find he was still alive and was ecstatic to be getting his ring back. I'm not sure what the sermon was titled but the he worked my whole story into it. What I take away from this is, don't be greedy and do the right thing, don't give up on something because it seems unlikely or to hard and take the time to try and help another human being smile which, in turn, WILL make you smile and feel good.(bonus) I also take this as my karma, even though I don't think the catholic religion believes in karma.:happysmiley: Thanks for taking the time to read this post.

Rod IMAG0428.jpg IMAG0435.jpg

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice story.....well like the bible says "do unto others as you would have them do unto you" pretty much fits the definition of karma.

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread