What's new

First Gold Ring!!!!

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: a couple members say it's Georgian period...late 1700s/early 1800s...I'm over the moon...

I did dig a possible white gold ring a few months ago, but this one i'm fairly sure is legit. Rang up as a 12-20 on the e-trac and was only about 3" deep. weight is 7.2g. i've been trying to decipher the hallmarks...there's an anchor which i think means Birmingham U.K., there's a bust which i think is a duty mark (if that's what it is then it was was made sometime between 1784 and 1890), and then there's "MP" stylized together...any info on that?

IMG_6934.webp IMG_6937.webp IMG_6936.webp IMG_6944.webp IMG_6947.webp

Couple more finds from the past few days:

1880 Campaign token for Winfield Hancock and W.M. English

IMG_6946.webp IMG_6945.webp

1905 New Jersey Census pin

IMG_6900.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6935.webp
    IMG_6935.webp
    81.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Upvote 66
Good find.

Now go get the rest of them. :thumb_up:
 
I would at least get it tested. It may always remain somewhat of a mystery a lot like my Pomander find, but at least yours is marked. It will be hard to top a find like that though if it is indeed 18th or early 19th

Now that I'm digging more low tones I was thinking of getting a gold test kit. Yes this find will be hard to beat, but I will still have a grin on my face next time I did a lowly Rosie.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom