What's new

First Gold Ring!!!!

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Update: a couple members say it's Georgian period...late 1700s/early 1800s...I'm over the moon...

I did dig a possible white gold ring a few months ago, but this one i'm fairly sure is legit. Rang up as a 12-20 on the e-trac and was only about 3" deep. weight is 7.2g. i've been trying to decipher the hallmarks...there's an anchor which i think means Birmingham U.K., there's a bust which i think is a duty mark (if that's what it is then it was was made sometime between 1784 and 1890), and then there's "MP" stylized together...any info on that?

IMG_6934.webp IMG_6937.webp IMG_6936.webp IMG_6944.webp IMG_6947.webp

Couple more finds from the past few days:

1880 Campaign token for Winfield Hancock and W.M. English

IMG_6946.webp IMG_6945.webp

1905 New Jersey Census pin

IMG_6900.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6935.webp
    IMG_6935.webp
    81.9 KB · Views: 227
Last edited:
Upvote 66
Congrats, nice find
 
Congrats on your first gold ring, it's a beauty!
 
All excellent finds. I am still waiting for first gold anything. Congrats. Like that campaign token��
 
Great looking gold ring...Congrats!

You watching the game?
 
WTG Murray, congrats on your 1st (fore sure) gold ring. :occasion14: I'd be stoked. :headbang: Heck your other finds ain't bad either.
 
NICE! First Gold ring now on to the next one! That campaign token is awesome too. those get me going more than coins. yet to find one.
 
That's what its all about I found a gold ring and bracelet same day I was so happy. My camera is junk and I cant upload pics from my phone so I haven't posted my finds in a long time!!! good job
 
Impressive. That looks like it could be 18k or higher. :occasion14:
 
Nice Murray. Glad to see you out making some scores. Good luck with the hallmarks- there are a few guys on here who know their stuff with hallmarks...perhaps post in Whatsits?
 
CONGRATULATIONS on your first gold ring.
 
Congrats on your first gold ring and other nice finds
 
Wow! Very cool! Nice hallmarks it has in there too! :goldbar::headbang:
 
Wow, now that's a beauty! Has to be mid to late 1800s looking at the amount of wear, design, and style. Fantastic piece there, congrats!
 
Thats the real deal,great stuff!
 
Thats a real beauty...no doubt about it!

strick
 
Sweet gold ring, looks like 18 or 24K congrats brother...
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom