What's new

first hunt of the year, walked away happy

gunsil

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2012
Messages
3,881
Reaction score
6,210
Golden Thread
0
Location
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCN2541.webp Unseasonably warm (mid 70s) here in the Hudson valley today and I headed out for the first hunt of the year. Ground has thawed but it was super wet and muddy. Got permission for an old small resort that a buddy hunted a bit forty years ago and then we couldn't get permission again until today. Went with my buddy from VT airbrushron who never really hunted seriously before, he had a BH and I elected to use my lighter weight ATP for my first outing. I told him maybe we'd find find a walking liberty, and about ten minutes into the hunt bang, good signal and there she was shining away in a 7" hole. Found a merc stuck to a nickel and a few pennies about 6" away. Ron had a big learning curve since he had never really used his machine much but he managed a 64 quarter, his first silver among a bunch of clad finds. The pennies, nickels, and clad from this field was in really bad shape. A bit sore from being out of shape but quite happy with my two silvers for an hour and a half hunt. As you can see, my ATP, and my pants got quite muddy and my pro pointer and digger were a mess too, but the wet soil had coins ringing out loud at 8". DSCN2539.webpDSCN2540.webpDSCN2543.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 12
Sweet, Sweet muddy knees.
Especially when you are digging silver
Both the Mercury Dime and the Walking Liberty Half were designed by Adolf Weinman
Two of the prettiest coins ever minted
Congrats on an excellent hunt
 
Great finds. I just always show up muddy in the first place...
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457651029.830475.webp
 
I'd be happy. Grats
 
That looks great, mud and all. Thanks for sharing, get back out there and find the gold! HH ALL
 
A couple of silvers for your efforts....a good way to start the season.

Regards + HH

Bill
 
That looks great, mud and all. Thanks for sharing, get back out there and find the gold! HH ALL[/QUOTE

Place is quite heavy with pull tabs, bottle caps and assorted junk making it hard to find the gold without making hundreds of holes to find gold. Gonna clean out the silver coinage first. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a piece of gold jewelry, but right now I'm not targeting it.
 
Congrats on those 2 silvers. Walkers still elude my coil. I think 2016 is the year I find my 1st. I love the feeling you get when you pull a large silver. :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on those 2 silvers. Walkers still elude my coil. I think 2016 is the year I find my 1st. I love the feeling you get when you pull a large silver. :thumbsup:

I would echo LD, but I have never found a large silver ( among many many things ), so I will just say " I bet that felt good!":icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom