What's new

First hunt with the Sand Shark

bucketheadben

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2010
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Panhandle
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark
I just got in my Sand Shark and immediately took it to the beach. After a couple of hours, this is what I turned up with. I had a blast and I got enough clad to pay for my next beach toll! I see why you guys have magnets on your scoops. I was out there chasing a hair pin for 20 min. Anyways, I'll be back in the water tomorrow. I'm hooked!
 

Attachments

  • Picture.webp
    Picture.webp
    36.1 KB · Views: 412
Upvote 0
good luck w/ your new detector and happy hunting . BTW listen closely for a double beep which sometimes tips you off that you might be chasing a bobby pin . The more you use the detector the less junk you will need to dig.
 
Very cool, I too have just purchased a Sand Shark will be hitting a beach in Washington State on Tuesday. I can't wait to get out and search. Good Luck and Keep us posted on your finds.
 
PI plus double beep = bobby pin.
 
HI guys, :icon_sunny:

I too have just purchased a Sand Shark about a month ago!
the more you go, the better your chances are! O and
of course you dig allot of junk too.... but I love it! HAPPY HUNTING to all.
 
bucketheadben said:
I just got in my Sand Shark and immediately took it to the beach. After a couple of hours, this is what I turned up with. I had a blast and I got enough clad to pay for my next beach toll! I see why you guys have magnets on your scoops. I was out there chasing a hair pin for 20 min. Anyways, I'll be back in the water tomorrow. I'm hooked!

Congrats! Gold and Silver are coming! Here are some pics from my last 5-hours at Jones Beach, on Long Island, New York with my Sand Shark.
 

Attachments

  • asdfg.webp
    asdfg.webp
    123.2 KB · Views: 322
Seems like there is very limited detecting on Washington Beaches, I don't expect to find as much as I would on California or Florida Beaches. I travel in an RV full time so my plan is to just slowly head south will keep you posted.
 
Ben Tover said:
PI plus double beep = bobby pin.

not all the time double beeps also = stud earings
 
I plan on digging everything, including the double beeps. You can never be certain it's a bobby pin until you see it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom