What's new

First IHP!

FingerGrime

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Unfortunately I can't read the date, but it was still very exciting! It came from a penny box full of handrolled that the bank has taped up. Do you guys have any cleaning advice? Peroxide bath? I would like to be able to read the date.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1447.webp
    IMG_1447.webp
    15.2 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_1450.webp
    IMG_1450.webp
    34.9 KB · Views: 263
Upvote 0
I have placed a few wheat pennies in a blob of ketchup for a little while then washed them off under water. Cleans them up well but i know it also takes away their value from a selling standpoint but i didnt have plans on selling.
 
Considering its condition, I am not concerned with it losing value or anything. How long do you leave the ketchup on for?
 
I left mine in for about a half hour and washed them off just rubbing them with my fingers under water. Most of them came really clean and the others i just left in overnight and they where good in the morning. Hope it works as well for you if you give it a try
 
Del Monte or Heinz ??? :icon_scratch: ;D ;D ;D
 
hot sauce works well too. get a pack of that hot stuff from taco bell and try it. leave it soaking for about a half hour, then turn the penny over and let it soak for another half hour. i do not do this with any pennies that i want to sell though, but it does clean them up
 
Well i use great value knock of brand from walmart. You know the poor mans kind.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom