First keeper of the year.

cje

Apr 7, 2009
clinton ma
Detector(s) used
minelab sovereign xs
IMG_20180526_1231072_rewind.jpgIMG_20180526_1231462_rewind.jpgIMG_20180526_1232242_rewind.jpgFound a nice little flask in a river bed. I was on my way to dig a dump in the woods and as I crossed a shallow river I noticed the bottle laying on the bottom. At the dump all I could find was catsup and pickle bottles. Anybody familiar with the F in a diamond mark?

Wow. What a fantastic color for a strapside, or any bottle for that matter. I didn't see anything about an "F" in a diamond on this site, but you probably would want to send him a picture of the base so that he can add it to the library. I'd be tickled to find a flask like that.

https://www.glassbottlemarks.com/bottlemarks-3/

You need to be walking that river up and down from now on.

Sure like to have it for my collection. All I have is clear and amber. Nice recovery.

That is a nice little find. Great color! Forget the dump, go back to the river

Great flask! I wonder if it's English - 'something about that finish...

It's gettin' hot here, can't wait to get in the water for some glass!

Thanks Sandchip. I've walked this particular river many times through the years. Seems every Spring a few bottles erode our of the bank or get uncovered.

Thanks Bass. The color is sweet. I look in the river periodically, but I enjoy digging in the dumps more.

Thanks Bass. The color is sweet. I look in the river periodically, but I enjoy digging in the dumps more.

Now to find the dump upstream that this fell out of!

Oh that’s a beauty. Would go great in any cabinet. Or window. Congrats and get back in the water. Jgas.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back