first king george copper find! 1775! a few buttons with it..

blugotti1

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2009
GA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• 97.jpg
    97.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 86
  • 96.jpg
    96.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 60
  • 98.jpg
    98.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 23
1775 was the most counterfieted year for Geo III Halfpennies, not sure if yours is Regal or not, as its a little smooth to tell. 50/50:dontknow:

1775 was the most counterfieted year for Geo III Halfpennies, not sure if yours is Regal or not, as its a little smooth to tell. 50/50:dontknow:

yeah. not really sure crusader. It matches the pics I've looked up on the net. But being the first one I've ever found in the 20 yrs of metal detecting, it really doesn't matter..feels great all the same!

yeah. not really sure crusader. It matches the pics I've looked up on the net. But being the first one I've ever found in the 20 yrs of metal detecting, it really doesn't matter..feels great all the same!
Nope, it doesn't matter unless you want a true attribution. Many of the counterfeits post-date the actually Regal ones. In the US, probability is that it is counterfeit, however, its a good find either way.

That KG has quite a bit of detail left. I am guessing it was not found in an agricultural field? Maybe an old homesite or the woods?

Those buttons are really great too.

Last edited:
coin cleaned..

they were found in the woods beside the river. Like on a cliff overlooking the river. But I found the place cause it had been used for several years for a food plot for deer. So it has been plowed and planted a few times. but here's the coin after a cleaning and soaked in oil over night. thanks guys!

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 37
  • 101.jpg
    101.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 102.jpg
    102.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 122
  • 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 114
I hope it's real but if not the counterfeits are collectible as well so either way you got to have the wow moment. Good job on the finds

Nice, blugotti1! The 1775 is older than anything I've got.

I would just say to hunt around rivers and creeks as much as possible. those were some of the oldest and fastest ways to travel back then.

Wow...That KG is in great shape. You can't complain about ll those other period finds either...Nice!

Great stuff!!! CONGRATULATIONS on that copper!!! Nothing like seeing ol’ George’s profile for the first time!!

Sweet finds, congrats! :occasion14:

That coin looks great after some cleaning. You did well to find one with a good looking bust and a date. Congrats!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back