What's new

First Large Cent plus an IHP, a Rosie, and some whatsits...

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man was it butt cold today...plus the wind. So i'm extra siked with these finds. The IHP came first. Very shallow...no more than 3 inches. Then I got a screaming quarter signal and 4" down i saw large copper. I've pulled a bunch of these same GD batting cage tokens so I said a quick prayer that it wouldn't be another and lo-n-behold it wasn't. My first LC. It's pretty wasted but who cares. At least I got a date: 1843. Wrapped up the hunt with the Rosie, 1953.

Also 7 wheats, a disheartening number of memorials, a lock plate, some keys, and some whatsits.

Now to dethaw with a scotch.

IMG_5004.webpIMG_5003.webpIMG_5005.webpIMG_5006.webpIMG_5007.webp
 
Upvote 36
That's a great hunt! Sometimes I don't realize how cold I am till I quite. Good finds will do that to you. Congrats

HH, Relic Nut
 
screaming quarter signal and 4" down i saw large copper. I've pulled a bunch of these same GD batting cage tokens so I said a quick prayer that it wouldn't be another and lo-n-behold it wasn't. My first LC. It's pretty wasted but who cares
I'd like to have seen you when you figured out it was your first LC. I know I won't forget my own reaction on my first. That's not bad condition, IMO
 
Congratz on your first LC!
 
Nice finds congrats on the LC and silver
 
That was a very great hunt. You will not forget the thrill of finding your first LC,I know that I did not.And with a silver dime to boot!
 
Congrats on your first LC. That is a nice had full of coins. Well played.
 
Nice finds. That button looking disk in he middle is a hem weight. Kept old timey womans dresses from blowing up over their heads
 
Great hunt, congrats on your first!
 
Congratualtions on your first Large Cent find, may you have many more this year! :occasion14:
 
Congrats on your finds. Awesome days hunt.
 
Sweet finds! Congrats!
My one & only LC...is dateless.

Ya when you get out there finding all kinds of stuff you don't mind the cold too much, till you can't feel your fingers and toes, kinda hard to dig at that point.
 
WTG Murray!!!!:occasion14: I remember my 1st LC, I am glad that no one was videoing the event, where I broke into a happy dance. I was so happy I had to take a few pics and called the hunt off so I could celebrate the FIRST... How many shots before you thaw out? Which Item do you consider the whatsits? Is it the lead disk with 2 half moon holes? That's a hem weight, mainly used for drapes or curtains.
 
A big congrats to you!
 
thanks for all the props folks - much appreciated

Which Item do you consider the whatsits? Is it the lead disk with 2 half moon holes? That's a hem weight, mainly used for drapes or curtains.

and also the item to the upper right of that...i'll post a pic in the 'what is it' section once i peel myself away from staring at my LC lol
 
Big Congrats on your first LC!!! I remember mine, it was an 1852 from a door knock. I went back the very next day and found my second LC also a 1852! Here's hoping you find many more in 2016!
 
Congrats! You scored a trifecta with the LC, IH and the wheat. Nice bunch of finds. I bet your second will come along soon.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom