What's new

First Large Cent plus an IHP, a Rosie, and some whatsits...

Murray8144

Hero Member
Joined
Aug 20, 2015
Messages
661
Reaction score
1,486
Golden Thread
0
Location
Essex County, NJ
Detector(s) used
eTrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man was it butt cold today...plus the wind. So i'm extra siked with these finds. The IHP came first. Very shallow...no more than 3 inches. Then I got a screaming quarter signal and 4" down i saw large copper. I've pulled a bunch of these same GD batting cage tokens so I said a quick prayer that it wouldn't be another and lo-n-behold it wasn't. My first LC. It's pretty wasted but who cares. At least I got a date: 1843. Wrapped up the hunt with the Rosie, 1953.

Also 7 wheats, a disheartening number of memorials, a lock plate, some keys, and some whatsits.

Now to dethaw with a scotch.

IMG_5004.webpIMG_5003.webpIMG_5005.webpIMG_5006.webpIMG_5007.webp
 
Upvote 36
I'm happy you found an LC. Some come out amazing and some, well, only have a face a finder will love. It's a numbers game. You got a date which is great.

Congrats! Cold out, ain't it?!
 
Congrats! Cold out, ain't it?!

Thanks! Yeah, it's officially cold. Im still heading down to toasted's field of dreams this weekend in hopes of saving some seated coins from the misfortune of having his face be the first thing they've seen in 150 years. But I think it's a lost cause now...15 degrees last night
 
Congrats on your first Large Cent Murray. I do the same with a good shot after a cold morning of digging ( of course by the time I get home, it is after 12:00 ).
 
Very nice assortment of finds.
"Firsts" are special. Put it in a coin folder, put the date of find. As well as location. I have done that with most of my "Firsts"
 
Very nice assortment of finds.
"Firsts" are special. Put it in a coin folder, put the date of find. As well as location. I have done that with most of my "Firsts"

That's exactly what I do. All my notable finds go in a 2x2 with the date location and what it is. They go in an album. Any silver, ihp, old copper, etc goes in there. Kids love looking at 'em.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom