First Large Cent

iwhitley

May 3, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro pointer, Trex Sand scoop, Piranha Shovel
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first Large cent today in the middle of a Cow pasture near and old house. I had been to this site two other times and hadn't found anything of in interest so far. It was actually the first coin I had found on this site. It was about 5 inches deep. Its pretty worn and the only way I could ID it was by the diameter and the matching up the part of the face that was left on the coin. LargeCent.jpg

Upvote 8
Congrats! Nice find.

Nice find, good for you!

iwhitley, congrats on a great find. Those puppies are few and far between here in TN. In many years of hunting only got a few and none in the last several years. In an area that should pop out a few now. Early 1800's homes, but NADA so far.:icon_thumright:

great find soak it in olive oil for a while you might get more detail .thx for sharing

welcome to the LC club cool that you found it ,,, blow your mind sized it next to a half dollar

Moooo 've over Bessy , :tongue3:

that lc is hopefully the First of Many :hello2:

Congrats on your first LC! Looks like it might be a Coronet Head produced from 1816-1839. That's a good sign you're in a good spot. Keep digging.

Congrats! Where there's one there's more. Makes you wonder what those cows were doing with an LC in the pasture, a little card game perhaps? Lol

Congrats on your first large cent. You're hopelessly addicted now. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back