What's new

First Merc!

FingerGrime

Hero Member
Joined
Mar 3, 2009
Messages
814
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
A little while ago I got a nickel bag with a bunch of proofs in it. I went back to that same bank and got their bag of dimes. I ended up with eight proofs: 1975,1980,1982,1985,1986,1987,1988 and 1990. In the bag, I also found three silver FDRs: 1957,1961D and 1962D. I also found my first mercury dime. A 1936.
IMG_1560.webp
IMG_1562.webp
IMG_1561.webp

A two and a half cent piece:
IMG_1556.webp

What country is this coin from?
IMG_1557.webp
IMG_1558.webp
 
Upvote 0
i stand corrected.you are right Gman. i looked at many other UAE coins and could not find one that didn't say "United Arab Emirates". The Syrian coin looks close too.Good eye Kentuckkeean. i think we're on the right track.
 
o.k. it took a little time (almost an hour) but i think i have it.
59-a423.webp
it is a 1972 Egyptian 1 Millieme ;D
 
AND THE WINNER IS...(drumroll please)..........MR. GEE!!!!

Excellent detective work. I bow to your superior skills. You wouldn't...er...be willing to split the 2 1/2 cent piece with me would you?

Kindest regards,
Kantuck :notworthy:
 
mistergee said:
o.k. it took a little time (almost an hour) but i think i have it.


it is a 1972 Egyptian 1 Millieme ;D

Yes, that's the one. I even had looked at a few egyptian coins when trying to identify it, but I apparently missed the right one. lol
 
I'd looked at Egypt too. Should have looked a little harder I guess. I really had my heart set on that 2 1/2 cent piece.
 
BTW, it's an Egyptain coin. One Millieme 1972.
http://cgi.ebay.com.my/EGYPT-AGYPTEN-1-Millieme-1972-UNC-38879_W0QQitemZ350196605079QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMünzen_Medaillen?hash=item5189582097&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14&_trkparms=|301:0|293:1|294:30
 
Hi Mr. Grime,

You should scroll up. Mr. Gee had solved the mystery on the 20th, and I sent you an email a couple days ago to let you know. Good find.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 
lol, i just read it when i was scrolling down to read your post...oops

how embarrassing...
 
Yeah, that's a junk email account...the last time I checked it was probably a month ago...
 
Not embarassing. Would have been if you'd gotten it wrong! Good work Mr. Grime. You solved the mystery as well!!

Kindest regards,
Kantuck
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom