first mercury dime, also unknown spoon

johnnyrum

Dec 4, 2014
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After having my AT Pro for 2 wks now I just found my first silver. Hunted a field also and found a little puter spoon. Spoon has 1/4 engraved on it. Im sure it means 1/4 teaspoon but appears to be old im just not sure how old. If anyone has any idea I'd love to hear from you. 20141207_102036.jpg20141207_102157.jpg

Upvote 3
Congrats on the your first merc. Thanks for sharing.

Great job on your first silver coin. Are you sure that's pewter? It doesn't appear to be old enough to be of pewter composition and the style of numbers looks more recent to me. I'm sure somebody will know for sure. Good job and I look forward to your future posts

Great job on your first silver coin. Are you sure that's pewter? It doesn't appear to be old enough to be of pewter composition and the style of numbers looks more recent to me. I'm sure somebody will know for sure. Good job and I look forward to your future posts

I have to agree with Abe. With some shiny areas, it almost looks aluminum. No dull patina like pewter. Congrats on the Merc.

Congrats on the first silver! The seal has been broken so now your hooked lol. I have to agree that the measuring spoon looks like aluminum but I don't have it in my hands either. Hope you can get it figured out. That's one of the fun parts of this hobby when researching your finds. Again congrats on the silver.

Probably an aluminum 1/4 teaspoon measuring spoon. I hope you find many more Mercs.

Congrats on your first silver, I looked a lot longer than two weeks before I got my first ! The spoon is probably not real old, maybe the same era as the coin, could be aluminum, probably tin. Way to Go! Keep sharing.

Excellent job finding your first mercury dime. Looking forward to seeing your next silver coins posted here soon!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back