What's new

First Months Totals

JJtheRollHunter

Sr. Member
Joined
Aug 2, 2009
Messages
418
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
First Month's Totals

Let me introduce myself. My name is JJ and I'm a Coin Roll Hunter in Louisiana (and yes I know who LJ is!). I've been doing this for a month now, and here are my finds so far.

5 64 Kennedys
46 40%ers
2 Bens
3 Silver Dimes
1 War Nickel
109 Wheat Cents
15 Ikes
1950 B $10 Bill.
 
Upvote 0
Re: Post Stories About Rude, Stupid, and Irritating Tellers

JJ,

Welcome to the forum. Every now and then, I encounter a teller who does not view me as a bright spot in their day. Most of them, however, are cordial and - dare I say, downright friendly. In fact, one teller recently offered to trade out my dumps for some halves she had in her drawer "so I could search through them"!

I caution against labeling tellers. In the end. To that end, if I encounter one with whom I clash, I get my business done, say "thanks", and move on my merry way.

Good luck and happy hunting!
 
Re: Post Stories About Rude, Stupid, and Irritating Tellers

As I think about this, I wonder if there is a bankers forum where they get to discuss encounters with less than favorite customers. I can see one of the posts right now:

"The other day, this guy comes in to deposit a thousand half dollars. I ask where he got them, and he gives me some outlandish story. While I am counting the rolls, he points to one of the halves in my tray and says he'd like to buy that one. What does he need more halves for??"
 
Re: Post Stories About Rude, Stupid, and Irritating Tellers

I have not met any such tellers yet. I had one last week that gave me too much money. I cashed a check for $120 and requested it in coins. I got the 120 in coins and then she counted out 120 in twenties. I said "no, you gave me too much money" She recounted the twenties and told me it was correct. It was difficult not too laugh out loud. I pointed to the coins at the window and she then realized her mistake.
 
Re: Post Stories About Rude, Stupid, and Irritating Tellers

i am surprised that you can find any silver at all being that close to LJ, i guess the LA area must be the gateway that all the silver passes through :D
 
Re: Post Stories About Rude, Stupid, Cherrypicking, and Irritating Tellers

Welcome JJ
Looks like you had a good month with great finds :thumbsup:

The best way to respond to rude tellers, is to smile, be polite, and run off to the next bank as fast as you can before someone else gets there.
 
Re: First Month's Totals

JJ

School should never interfere with your CRHing. Seriously, at your age you have plenty of time to amass a good collection before you graduate high school. Take your school seriously and use CRH as your hobby. Get your degree and make an impact on the world (and a small dent in silver coins in circulation)!!

Good luck and HH,

~phrostie
 
Re: Post Stories About Rude, Stupid, and Irritating Tellers

EllenF said:
I have not met any such tellers yet. I had one last week that gave me too much money. I cashed a check for $120 and requested it in coins. I got the 120 in coins and then she counted out 120 in twenties. I said "no, you gave me too much money" She recounted the twenties and told me it was correct. It was difficult not too laugh out loud. I pointed to the coins at the window and she then realized her mistake.
That simple act of honesty will bring you just reward. :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom