First Nickel Box-Updated

ancesthntr

Apr 15, 2011
I finally took the plunge into nickels yesterday, after having only gotten limited numbers of nickels to keep for the metal value (and I did sort them). Here are my results:

25 from 1940-1959, with a healthy number of mint marks. Note that 1 was a 1947 that I almost overlooked because it looked so new. Upon closer examination, it looked to be AU, with some steps showing and minimal scratch and scuff marks. That one went into a 2 x 2.

22 x 2009-D. Now I've got a bit more than 1 1/2 rolls of this semi-rare coin, which I keep in tubes.

1 1984 Canadian nickel. That's going to whichever of my kids is nicer to me this evening. :>)

Alas, no War Nickels. However, I'm dumping the remains later today and getting another box. This is getting as addictive as halves, because I KNOW that I won't get skunked.

UPDATE - I got 2 more boxes yesterday. 1st one was pretty good, I got a war nickel, a 1936 Buffalo, a 1939-P, about 10 1940s and 15 1950s, plus over 2 dozen 2009. I was simply stunned to see that Buffalo - it is hard to believe that these coins are still out there, but I guess it is a tribute to the fact that most people don't collect coins. 2nd box not done yet, but it was largely filled with 2011 coins. No War Nickels or Buffs, with about 10 rolls to go. Anyway, now I'm hooked on nickels.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back