guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I was  working  down by  the  beach  tonight  and  got  off  early so I decided to  go for  a quick spin. The  beach was  completely deserted.  moon was not out  . you could not  see anything . I had  a head lamp on. I stayed  close to where I was parked ,I worked about  200 yards of beach,in between the  2 lifeguard  towers, I got to tell ya it freak me  out . I wasn't there  long  enough  to  to get anything,but there's  something  to  be  said  about  night  hunting  ,pretty damned peace full.I don't recommend going alone , The area I was  hunting is  pretty safe though ,, Next time I'll have someone with me ...  Guzz1

Upvote 0

borninok

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2007
Kerrville, TX
Detector(s) used
White's DFX: Minelab Excalibur 1000
Hey, guzz, I have to agree with you............yes, it is peaceful................but doggone it....don't do it alone....unless you absolutely have to. There's too many kooks out there....know what I mean?
Stay safe! We enjoy your posts...so we don't want to lose ya!
-----Mel

borninok

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
HEY Thanks a bunch Mel.. I will be bringing a couple of lookouts next time , You can believe that .. Its just a little scary when your digging the targets . And with the headphones on you can't hear if someone is coming up behind ya , Its a bit freaky,,, Anyway I just wanted to pass on the experience , so everyone can be safe out there ,,,,HH Guzz1

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I too want to nite hunt but, I wont go alone..no way not in this area..

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
HEY goio Yea buddy I will be and you to .. Thanks Guzz1

Montauk3

Nov 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2 \ Sovereign GT BeachHunter ID
Primary Interest:
As long as you don't consider working the water at night! (dusk to dawn)An 8.5 foot hammerhead was caught off of Sharky;'s pier at 6am this morning.
Some of the knowledgeable fishermen say that the bull sharks will start birthing soon.

Just a word to the wise. Macho stuff doesn't count!

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
HEY Ralph  I was definitely  Not  in  water ,Those hammerheads come in at dusk  to  feed. My mama didn't raise no  fool... I have  seen at dusk ,  8-10 footers come in 2 foot  of water.  That's  a little  to  close  for  me , heck  that's  knee  deep brother , Think  about it , your  out  there  chest  deep.  anyway,I'm going  to  get  a  wet suit  shorty tomorrow . your  gonna  have  some  competition in  the  water come  next week . .I'll  see ya  this  week  take care  Ralph ... GUZZ1

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guzz,

I hunt at night at times by myself. Please be careful and carry something for protection. If your not license to carry then carry something else, besides the 5 pound bat we call a scoop.

You can get a can of pepperspray and carry it on a vest for easy access, you can also carry a filet knife or dive knife in your finds bag, I carry both at night. I had an beach office ask me about mine one night. I told him I found the filet knife in the surf, the other I carry for sharks. (I'm thinking both ocean and land)

Good luck and good hunting.........

Marty-Graw

Feb 8, 2006
Albertville Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage, Garrett Treasure Ace 300
also if you can keep your own shadow in front of you...nobody can sneak up on ya that way....you will see THEIR shadow

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
I LOVE TO NIGHT HUNT ON A WARM CLEAR NIGHT IF THERES A MOON OUT EVEN BETTER!! BUT YOU MUST BE CARFUL AND ALERT....CARRY A WEAPON IF YOU CAN...I DO...

Attachments

• HPIM0269_%28Large%29 (Large).jpg
    HPIM0269_%28Large%29 (Large).jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 669

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
lol night hunting takes some getting used to. I hunt here quite a bit at night on the beach, I only turn my lite on when I am on a target and shut it down as I move on looking. You have better night vision for the dark and before long you can see quite well around you when your light is off. I am usually aware of couples or folks long before they are on me. There is some interesting "wildlife" at night at times. I give folks plenty of space and move around or away.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Hey Guzz1,
Keep hunting the beach alone at night, someones gonna bunk you in the head and you'll be looking like the guy in your avatar ;D

Be careful man!!

Glenn

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Hey beach hunter nice Gun ,,, I have a smith model 66 2 an half in barrel stainless steel , I just don't want to carry it ,, If I have to resort to carry concealed weapon ,,I just soon hunt with a group at night. couple three guys . Plus I no all the beach officers .But there not always around.. sweet gun
Guzz

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Hey  Glenn   , Boy  if  I  was  that UGLY  I'd deserve  to my a$$ kicked , Just  for  uglying up  the  beach,, All  kidding aside ,Beach hunting  at  night   is  not  safe unless  your  with  a  group. Sarasota  ,,as  nice  as it is  here  ,there still  that  element  punk thug drug addicts  that will bust a cap in  ya  for  3 dollars  and  we  do  have  them  here . The police  tend  to  run  them  off as  soon as  the first  pair of boxer shorts creeping up there  back  makes an appearance,,, ;D ;D ;D  Man  I  hate  that.   HH guzz1

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
One good thing about hunting Lido, is that the fire dept. is suppose to be stationed there for the next year while a new home gets built.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Yea I think so Paul , I was siesta last night though . Still Lido more dangerous not as much traffic a lot darker to ,, There's No lights out at Lido at all ,,pitch black ,, guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Hey beach hunter this my little friend but it stays at home for now , I don't have my concealed permit yet .... Guzz1

Attachments

• IMG_0006.JPG
    IMG_0006.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 624

BEACH-HUNTER

Feb 11, 2007
NORTHEAST, USA
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field PI
Primary Interest:
guzz1 said:
Hey beach hunter this my little friend but it stays at home for now , I don't have my concealed permit yet .... Guzz1
NICE ONE GUZZ!!! MINE IS A MOD-649 S&W 38SPL +P.....PERFECT NICE-N-LIGHT...STAINLESS STEEL...5 SHOT..1 7/8" BBL... I GOT A NICE GALCO MOLDED PLASTIC PADDLE HOLSTER..SLIPS RIGHT IN THE WAIST OF MY SHORTS!! DON'T EVEN KNOW ITS THERE...EASIEST CARRY GUN I EVER HAD. GOOD LUCK STAY SAFE!!

scrapdoggie

Nov 23, 2007
Deland Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace250 Pro-Kellyco
sometimes just wearing a sweatshirt that says """"YES! im armed"""or a sign that says"" beware detectorist on beach is armed please dont startle him we cant afford any more lawsuits...lol something should be done to protect you and your investments.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions