VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm not one of these hunters who jumps on the "best new thing" in detectors because I know over 50% of finding relics or coins is where you hunt. The next 25% is how well you know your detector. I bought my first F75 in 2009. My only criticism of the unit was that it was noisy in areas with electrical interference like electric fences and high voltage power lines.The target separation in moderate iron was better than the old unit but I always felt I was missing relics. In November, they offered an upgrade that included a faster process mode. The tech I talked to wouldn't promise any more depth but indicated that I might expect better target separation in iron with less noise. I took a chance and sent one of my F75s in for the upgrade.
This morning, I had a little over an hour to check it out. I rarely use the Discrimination mode but I played with it this morning in a moderate iron field with the disc. set at 30. The unit was very quiet and seemed super sensitive even though I already had the sensitivity set at 90. Although the targets I dug weren't CW, the shape of them should have made them read 30 or higher as they did. I switched back to the all metal mode in a heavy iron field that I had hunted many times with little success. This area has been hunted hard by the Trio with our F75s. I was in the middle of iron readings when a strong "62" signal seemed to "overpower" the iron readings. The target had a soft audio pinpoint and was 8 in. deep. It was the .69 cal. Big Boy 3 ringer in the pic. So far, so good based on the way the enhanced unit worked today. Will keep you updated. HH, Q.

Attachments

• DSCN1481.JPG
    DSCN1481.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 261
Upvote 9
OP
OP
VOL1266-X

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes, at 90 disc. Richard and quiet as a mouse. I went under a high voltage feeder electrical line today without a peep. I'm still learning it but the iron reading is 5-6 point display is reading less than before enhancement. For example, I had a solid "7" reading at 6 in. on the display. The target was an one inch thick square nut. Before, it would have read 10 and higher. I must be careful to not miss artillery frags now.
Everyone must remember: I do not profess to be an expert on the F75. I'm hunting fairly neutral soil. Bill in VA may be hunting the high iron content soil there. My comments are based on my experiences here in middle Tennessee. I like how quiet the machine is now and how quick the update is in all metal. Pay close attention to Bill's comments as he hunts high iron areas regularly. Dman and I hunted Monday and he listened to my unit and remarked it had a different tone. I've been fortunate to find some great relics with the F75 and feel my chances are even better now.
NOTE-I verified with a friend at First Texas that the F75 update program ENDS 3-1-15. HH, Q.

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Quindy,
Good job with that machine, I'm curious as to how it would do in a trashy old house site? Hope to see you guys soon.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread