What's new

First Park Hunt in Quite a While

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,915
Reaction score
47,630
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now I remember why I stopped hunting parks.
It started with the sprinklers coming on while I was in the middle of them. 💦
While quickly exiting that area I didn't notice a pile of dog doo. 💩
Two different urchins approached me to ask how much money I had found. 💰
Oye.
Anyway, I did get a ring! (although it's just stainless steel, and kinda ugly)
IMG_0766.webp
IMG_0767.webp


Oh well, back to the desert!
 
Upvote 22
Now I remember why I stopped hunting parks.
It started with the sprinklers coming on while I was in the middle of them. 💦
While quickly exiting that area I didn't notice a pile of dog doo. 💩
Two different urchins approached me to ask how much money I had found. 💰
Oye.
Anyway, I did get a ring! (although it's just stainless steel, and kinda ugly)
View attachment 2242389View attachment 2242390

Oh well, back to the desert!
That's why I'm not interested in parks; it's better to hunt in secluded areas where no one will bother you.
 
Modern parks can sure be a challenge all right. I usually avoid them. If I just want to find change, I may as well get a job! :laughing7: I don't mind old parks though, as long as it's old enough to find silver coins. At least you have a chance at something good.
 
Sounds like the Parks are really out to get you !
But the good new is ... if you just use a Wire Wheel and some W-40 and the Pliers should be good as new ! :laughing9:
 
Last edited:
Looks like a LOT of digging and some decent finds :)
 
Neat looking ring. That Home Again tag reminded me of our last dog. We had her registered with them ( she had a chip in her ) but we had to have her put down 2 years ago.
 
Nice going
 
Nice outing! Congratz!! Parks aren't ideal sometimes. But, sometimes, it's all you got without making a big outing out of it with travel. I've found timing is key, early morning, or weekday afternoons can be good. If there's an area that always has people that you want to hunt, wait until it rains or is cold, whatever, and you'll have free reign (did that for a couple of dog parks recently - watch for the mines). School fields on weekends. It's always good to get out and swing the coil. I was looking at gold values and one single 18K ring I have which was a park find is now worth over $1000 melt.
 
I'd rather walk in cow $hit any day over a Rover's pile that the owners were too lazy to scoop.

I still recall a couple of piles that were neatly covered up with leaves, coil swiped/smeared right over the ears.
I swore! Side stepped right into another larger pile, and it was deep enough it went up the side of my shoe.
Seriously think it's stuck in the sinuses still as I write-and this happened in 1985!
 
I'd rather walk in cow $hit any day over a Rover's pile that the owners were too lazy to scoop.

I still recall a couple of piles that were neatly covered up with leaves, coil swiped/smeared right over the ears.
I swore! Side stepped right into another larger pile, and it was deep enough it went up the side of my shoe.
Seriously think it's stuck in the sinuses still as I write-and this happened in 1985!
While I was out on Lake Mead today I was watching a large group of (loud) people on the beach with several dogs running wild. They were at a PWC launch beach (without PWCs). The dogs were dropping mines all up and down the beach. :angry4:
 
While I was out on Lake Mead today I was watching a large group of (loud) people on the beach with several dogs running wild. They were at a PWC launch beach (without PWCs). The dogs were dropping mines all up and down the beach. :angry4:
Digging on a beach, got a weak signal. Only had a hand digger with me, so I dropped to my knees. Stabbed the sands pulled back and I had pierced a crappy diaper full of yellow goo.
Someone had buried their garbage. :BangHead:
Oceans were great to wash the Lesche off.
 
Now I remember why I stopped hunting parks.
It started with the sprinklers coming on while I was in the middle of them. 💦
While quickly exiting that area I didn't notice a pile of dog doo. 💩
Two different urchins approached me to ask how much money I had found. 💰
Oye.
Anyway, I did get a ring! (although it's just stainless steel, and kinda ugly)
View attachment 2242389View attachment 2242390

Oh well, back to the desert!
congrats
 
Now I remember why I stopped hunting parks.
It started with the sprinklers coming on while I was in the middle of them. 💦
While quickly exiting that area I didn't notice a pile of dog doo. 💩
Two different urchins approached me to ask how much money I had found. 💰
Oye.
Anyway, I did get a ring! (although it's just stainless steel, and kinda ugly)
View attachment 2242389View attachment 2242390

Oh well, back to the desert!
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom