What's new

First post in this section

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. I keep forgetting to check this part of the forum! One of my favorite things to do as a boy when school was out for the summer was visit a creek in the neighbor's field to search for fossils. I had a box full that I left behind at my parents' when I joined the service. Wish I still had them.
Anyhooooo.....I found this little fellow yesterday while detecting a coal mining trail. Thanks for looking. I will try to check in more often!
asehypyt.jpg
 
Whenever I see fossil impressions like that I always think about using plaster of Paris or something to make an actual mold of the plant or animal ....thanks for sharing
 
Whenever I see fossil impressions like that I always think about using plaster of Paris or something to make an actual mold of the plant or animal ....thanks for sharing

Now that's a good idea. Thanks!
 
You've got a VERY good eye! Glad you're back in it! HH- Yak
 
You've got a VERY good eye! Glad you're back in it! HH- Yak

Thank you very much. These are some common examples from the shores of Lake Cumberland in south central Kentucky. I brought these back from vacation a couple years ago. Thanks for looking.
u3evy8ap.jpg

apumyje8.jpg

3azajaqy.jpg
 
GB, I have only enjoyed finding these. I have not researched what they are. I never really knew if they were animal or vegetable matter. Thanks for looking.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom