First real day of hunting (coins and button?)

bellapoison

Apr 7, 2009
Kaufman County, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
If last week someone had asked me how many soda cans were buried in my backyard, I would've shrugged my shoulders. Today, I have the answer: millions. :) While most of my finds today were soda cans, parts of soda cans and rusty nails, I did happen upon a couple of interesting things: a clad quarter and penny, a Tanzanian coin, a washer, a metal whatsit (which looks kind of like a tie fighter), and another metal whatsit that looks like a huge button.

By the way, today was my first real day of metal detecting ever.

Attachments

• SundayFinds.jpg
    SundayFinds.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 312
  • TanzaniaCoin.jpg
    TanzaniaCoin.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 317
  • ButtonWhatsit.jpg
    ButtonWhatsit.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 315
Upvote 0
Looks like you're off to a great start! :thumbsup: Your Tanzanian coin is very neat.

HH

GREAT HUNT!!!

The tie fighter is a plywood clip used for roof decking, the button thingy is in fact an old button, your quarter has a headache, and the Tanzanian coin is really cool!

Hope to hunt with you sometime in the NTX area.

Grip

Nice job! Finds will get better with time and experience!

Welcome to the hobby! Looking forward to more posts from you!

Congrats! :thumbsup:

Fun! Don't you just wonder how that foreign coin ended up there? Glad you had fun!

Now you know don't bury your cans in the back yard. You may want to detect it some day. Just kidding. Not to bad for your own yard...Matt

Interesting digs...to see a world coin dug up in your back yard should have a fun story behind it. I wonder what that coin would say?? Congrats and HH

Great looking coin!

bellapoison said:
If last week someone had asked me how many soda cans were buried in my backyard, I would've shrugged my shoulders. Today, I have the answer: millions. :) While most of my finds today were soda cans, parts of soda cans and rusty nails, I did happen upon a couple of interesting things: a clad quarter and penny, a Tanzanian coin, a washer, a metal whatsit (which looks kind of like a tie fighter), and another metal whatsit that looks like a huge button.

By the way, today was my first real day of metal detecting ever.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back