What's new

First roll hunt

Joebunaga

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 6, 2023
Messages
9
Reaction score
28
Golden Thread
0
Location
Austin, TX
After finding this forum I did alot of reading, but didn't have time to do anything cool. Then, vacation, then, frantic work and finally some breathing room.
I managed to get an order in Monday for a box of half dollars and picked them up today.
4x Walkers
1x Benjamin
2x 1964 Kennedy's
16x 1965-1969 Kennedy's
Not too shabbo! Definitely better than I expected, so I'll be looking forward to another box next week.
4.26.23.webp
 
Upvote 10
After finding this forum I did alot of reading, but didn't have time to do anything cool. Then, vacation, then, frantic work and finally some breathing room.
I managed to get an order in Monday for a box of half dollars and picked them up today.
4x Walkers
1x Benjamin
2x 1964 Kennedy's
16x 1965-1969 Kennedy's
Not too shabbo! Definitely better than I expected, so I'll be looking forward to another box next week.View attachment 2080775
That's a great box, but in 2023, that's a phenomenal box.
Congratulations
 
Next week? I'd be back yesterday. SCORE!
 
I pulled a 64 from the first roll I opened, which was completely unexpected. Then a few more rolls in my wife found one of the Walkers. She proceeded to stack up some .40 Kennedy's while I was getting nothing. Then I spotted another Walker in an end roll... it was a LOT of fun. Plus, nice to get the wife into something we can both enjoy.
@xr7ator I have to order rolls, and Tuesday is the day... otherwise I'd be backing up my truck. Looking forward to seeing what the next box brings.
 
After finding this forum I did alot of reading, but didn't have time to do anything cool. Then, vacation, then, frantic work and finally some breathing room.
I managed to get an order in Monday for a box of half dollars and picked them up today.
4x Walkers
1x Benjamin
2x 1964 Kennedy's
16x 1965-1969 Kennedy's
Not too shabbo! Definitely better than I expected, so I'll be looking forward to another box next week.View attachment 2080775
So you went to a bank and asked for a roll of half dollars or dollars?
 
So you went to a bank and asked for a roll of half dollars or dollars?
My Credit Union branch will order anything I want. They do not, however, always receive special orders from their cash management company, in this case, Brinks.

Because I am a member of over 40 years, and my wife and I each have a substantial amount of cash sitting with them, they tend to be more willing to listen to somewhat unusual requests.
 
So you went to a bank and asked for a roll of half dollars or dollars?
I went in looking for rolls or loose(they didn't have any) so I asked if I could order box. Pretty easy. Then I went back asked them to order more and to put me on an auto reorder.
Some of this learned from here:
@galenrog I use a credit union too, and they seem more inclined to be helpful although Chase bank seemed pretty reasonable too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom