What's new

First Salt Water Trip....Cozumel

looknforgold

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 30, 2011
Messages
257
Reaction score
424
Golden Thread
0
Location
Somewhere in the US of A
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal 1000, Minelab Equinox 800, Anderson Shafts, Garrett Pro Pointer, SEF Coils and CoinTOTE, AND........
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a chance to try salt water detecting while on vacation and I must admit, it's the BOMB! I can see why you guys and gals love doing it. digging the sand is easy compared to dirt and even though I didn't find gold this trip I'll have another chance before the year is over. I didn't have the chance to hunt or time where I wanted because of the boss, but I did wear out our Resort's Beach and Shallow Waters (about 20 x 75 yards). :tongue3:

I was using a Tesoro Sand Shark and it performed pretty well considering I'm a land guy (Oklahoma). it was a blast and I can't wait to do it again, it was such a rush every time I scooped that sand....... "it was awesome waiting to see what was in that scoop". I managed to find a few things....1 .925 Silver ring and a Ladies watch (YESS) among a bunch of coins and some ear rings and some cosmetic jewelry. Thanks for looking, LFG
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0391.webp
    IMAG0391.webp
    213.3 KB · Views: 177
  • IMAG0392.webp
    IMAG0392.webp
    193.3 KB · Views: 218
  • IMAG0393.webp
    IMAG0393.webp
    263.9 KB · Views: 273
Upvote 0
That knife looks just like a Boker Titan II my sister gave me. Mine is in considerably better condition, though.

Nice finds ... sounds like a GREAT vacation. HH

-Ammo
 
Very nice finds, lfg!

Beach hunting is lots of fun; I would also like to do more dirt detecting and maybe find some coins in great condition instead of pitted from the salt water and sand.

Lorraine
 
WARNING! Beach detecting can be very addicting! Once you're hooked the desire never goes away.......:laughing7:
Glad you had a nice trip and enjoyed the beach/water hunting so much. :thumbsup: I see many beach finds in your future!
 
Was there any issue with Metal detecting there?
 
Was there any issue with Metal detecting there?
No, I packed my unit in my carry on with the manual and the rods in my checked luggage. once I hit the Hotel, I mentioned to the front desk clerk I brought my detector and I was wanting to hunt the beach... he said go ahead, have fun, hope you find your treasure. my take? they don't care unless you decide to dig up their property. the water is a non restricted area anyways unless it's in the national park there. these resort people just want your business this time of year due to the low season.... HH, LFG :)

The Beach Security guy even helped me dig a coin once.. I put the headphone's on his head so he could hear the target, he loved it, asked how much they cost.... then he ran, LOL

Also, Thanks Folks, LFG
 
Last edited:
It is always fun to go on trips and try to find items on the beach. I have been several times to Cozumel and detected.
 
Salt water is where its at!! Ya just have to get your coil over it. Nice finds.
 
Oh nice great finds.
 
I love detecting the water but relic hunting is lots more interesting.
 
Looks like you had a lot of fun ..... nice finds :icon_thumright:
 
Sounds like a great vacation with benefits!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom