fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i was suppose to go detecting with a friend and his father today so we picked a field that has only produce a few coins and one button
well anyway i got to the fields a little early only to get a call saying that dave shot a deer with his bow and he more then likely would not make it
so a packed my gear back into my car and went to a field that still had corn stalks that were about 18 to 24 inches high
using the push pull swing as well as the small circle swing i managed to cover a little ground
4 hours was all i could take my arms were about to fall off and i only had 2 plain flat buttons and a buckle
as a walked back to the car there was one small area were all the stalks were down on the ground and a stop to cover an easy area compared to the rest of the field got that screaming silver hit showed up were i would expect it on the smart screen
and also showed 04-29 as a target id two inches down i got this dime my first seated and the fifth coin on my short list for the year

Attachments

• 2010.11.13-DSCF0040.JPG
    2010.11.13-DSCF0040.JPG
    31.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 2010.11.13-DSCF0044.JPG
    2010.11.13-DSCF0044.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 406
Upvote 0

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrat's on your first seated, being a CC dime too. :icon_thumright:

MaineRelic

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2008
MAINE
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesorso's, Minelabs, Garrett's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wild West silver ! Nice find ! MaineRelic

Brian in MA

Sep 4, 2004
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
Other
Well done. Those corn stalks are a pain. I have one field that I have been begging the owner to clear. Hopefully, he'll have the caretaker cut 'em before the snow flies...

Congrats on your first seated, and a CC to boot...

May there be many more in your future !!!

Brian in MA

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice 1st!!!!! MR TUFF

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is an awesome find! I had anything seated on my wish list or anything Barber. Haven't gotten either, and with the cold settling in, I am guessing it won't be this year.
Congratulations

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread