First silver dime!

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
I went out this weekend and found my first silver dime...and it wasn't a rosie or a merc, nope skipped over them and pulled a barber. Only about 3" deep. I also dug 2 wheatie's at the same spot. Only got to hunt there for about an hour before the owner had to leave. I really hope I get to come back. I asked permission, but they were a little iffy b/c they didn't want me to damage the lawn. I found the other 2 wheatie's on Sunday at an old ball park (1919, 1920). Have had a good first month detecting, found my first silver 64 Wash, this dime and 5 wheatie's and around 3.50 in clad so far. Also found a civil war bridal rosette. The button below the dime in the first pic is copper and says "Robinson & Treble Co." Not sure if it is old, but I figured someone on here would know.
2z8uedj.jpg

200aadl.jpg

Upvote 0

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
your doing great... Love the coins n silver..

HH
Booty

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
You are hooked for sure now...Nice coins, love that silver....jgas

OP
OP
B

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
lRandylInlOhiol said:
Nice Finds!!! Wow! :thumbsup: and they cleaned up good too ...How do you clean your coins?
Randy, thanks. I didn't really do anything with the barber, but wash it off with a little water. As far as the wheats, I couldn't initially read the date on a few of them after washing, so I put hydrogen peroxide in the microwave for 1 minute then dropped the wheats in it for about an minute and took the q-tip to them. After I could read the date I cleaned them with a q-tip some more, then a little olive oil for shine.

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
WOW ~ NICE GOING ON THE BARBER DIME!!!

I did the same thing ~ my first silver dime was a 1909 Barber Dime! That was almost 15 years ago!

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I coulda just jumped like that but I didnt. Great job! HH

Ohio Jerry

Feb 20, 2008
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Congrats on the Barber and nice job on cleaning up those wheaties,makes me want to give some of mine a little more attention. I'd love to see a pic of the bridal rosette if you get a chance to post one.Good job!!
Jerry

West Jersey Detecting

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2006
Philadelphia Area
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats on the Barber!

Are you sure the button is not R.W. Robinson Treble Gilt? That would be Civil War Era

OP
OP
B

Bartman

Apr 9, 2008
Baltimore/Cambridge, MD
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2, ACE 250
Neil, the button says Robinson & Co. Treble. I think it is civil war error. I found it where I found the bridal rosette. Jerry, the bridal rosette I posted under the relics forum. It is entitled "interesting relic". I found it on my first hunt. Wasn't sure what it was, but I knew it was good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread