What's new

First silver of 2016

huntnva

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2015
Messages
58
Reaction score
227
Golden Thread
1
Location
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How fitting its exactly 100 years old. Found last night in my front yard 6" down. Only my 3rd silver ever, and all in my yard(1924 merc & 1941 quarter) HH
 

Attachments

  • 1451917647739.webp
    1451917647739.webp
    32.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 1451917662404.webp
    1451917662404.webp
    23.4 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 26
grats. one's first silvers are always memorable
 
Congrats, the first four silver I ever found were in my yard, 2 Rosies and 2 Mercs, methinks it was hit before and the quarters snagged.
 
Thanks! Looking forward to finding a lot more this year. Happy Huntn....and Go O's!
 
outstanding.gif
Super find! Thanks for sharing...
 
I blew your picture up, & did not see a "D" on the back of the coin, but you might want to double check it if you haven't already done so. The 1916 D is a rare date Merc. I would also be hitting your yard hard, if you have found 3 silvers in it. Sounds like a great place to detect with guaranteed permission !
 
Thanks Trezurehunter, I looked for the mint mark, will dbl check w/magnifier. The home I live in was built in 1950, but promising to find older stuff there. I've checked old maps but can't see where any older structures were there prior. Definitely will keep looking! Take care
 
Congrats on the silver.
Mercury Dimes are among the prettiest ever minted.
 
Thanks Trezurehunter, I looked for the mint mark, will dbl check w/magnifier. The home I live in was built in 1950, but promising to find older stuff there. I've checked old maps but can't see where any older structures were there prior. Definitely will keep looking! Take care
Just remember, the house may have only been built in 1950, but the dirt has been there forever.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom