What's new

First silver of 2016

Old Dude

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 20, 2013
Messages
8,838
Reaction score
9,870
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Unfortunately it wasn't a coin lol. I went out door knocking today. After finally getting an answer at the door, I gave the nice old lady my pitch and she says " Sure, go ahead and walk around ". After digging a rusty old horse tack ring and then a shotgun shell head stamp, I heard a voice, looked up and took my headphones off. The lady was standing in her door yelling " I don't want you digging up my yard. You can leave! ". What the...grrr...." OK, thank you ma'am " and I left. I bet there were tons of Barbers and Indians at the very least in that yard!
The day was too nice and I wasn't giving up that easily. After 2 or 3 more disappointing stops ( no one home ), a nice elderly ( 89 years young ) lady allows me to detect the yard of her family farmhouse. An old pocket watch, bent spoon and some clad accompanied this little ring home after the lady declined any of it. She said she hadn't lost it, so take it! Yes Ma'am!
This is the 3rd or 4th silver ring made by Uncas I have found. Apparently they were a popular jewelry maker here in the Northeast.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457656824.317710.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457656852.346961.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457656873.373721.webp
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1457656900.583875.webp
 
Upvote 36
Nice one OD. One pretty piece of silver. The first lady might have been bipolar or senile or something,. Kind of reminds me of a guy a long time ago that gave me permission and then one day came out screaming at me what I was doing in his yard ???. HH-gl
 
Hey I got 1 silver for 2016, a 64 roosie lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom